detonation above half throttle

vectradam

i have just realised that the texaco supreme unleaded i use is only 97 RON whereas TRS specify a minimum of 98 RON. I will get some shell v power 99 RON  and try that at the weekend.

I will report back

thanks

19 hours ago, konrad said:

I've been studying the effect the main jet has on part-throttle fueling and learning a lot. 

Have found an equation for two flow restrictions in series (in this case the main jet and the needle system) and have written a small spreadsheet based on the Dellorto PHBL 26.

Is anyone interested in the results?  I ask because presenting/explaining them would be a fair amount of effort.  I'm also uncertain what the best way to actually present them would be (I know not everyone is as enamored with numbers as I am). 

Would anyone be interested in working with the spreadsheet?  It's in OpenOffice Calc, but I could convert to MS Excel.

If your spreadsheet is based on theory and google, without painful testing, how valid is it ?

10 minutes ago, b40rt said:

If your spreadsheet is based on theory and google, without painful testing, how valid is it ?

Good question.   Models such as these have pointed me in the right direction in the past and I always learn something from them.

All models are wrong. Some models are useful. -- George Box (British statistician)

If somebody wants to correspond with me about it, message me.