240/240pro Differences

mcerem

I have a 125 twinshock that has a back kick type starter must be the only model with back kick ? It also says on the plate "special" model but it i'm sure it's like a "pro" not really that special ;)

Fantic UK had several 125 specials, there was the "light weight", a 125 engine in a 80 frame and in about 1984 there were 8 or 10 specials made with shortened swinging arms, the headstock moved back and lower seats.

the first two were made for Steve Colley and Neil O'shean (both Fantic supported schoolboy riders) when they went up into the B class at age 12. I did the engineering work for Roy Carey on the 1984 bikes and these were

called "specials" so maybe yours is a modified version.

• 2 weeks later...

I was of the thinking the 240 started from 1982. The pic below if of my petrol tank date stamp which say 11/81, so does this mean the bikes were first made in 1981, or what does this mean?

Hi Spud,

Have a look here. The report is from feb 1981 as rumors of a "approx 250" motor were made. The frame in the picture is a 200 minarelli modded for the new engine. The bike went into production in september 1981

http://www.webermichl.at/index.htm?bikes/fantic/hist240.htm

dont bother washing it for exmoor....

Lee