Back protectors

heffergm

Wondering if anyone has managed to sneak a peak at any of the pros back protectors at events, etc. You can sometimes get a look at Bincaz's, because it pops out the bottom of his untucked shirt. It looks to me like he's wearing a road race type hard shell articulated protector. As for the rest of them, I haven't seen any specifics. 

I ask largely because, without naming names, I've been 100% disappointed in the trials manufactured back protectors that I've tried. I'm thinking about going to something I'm familiar with from the road race world, but I wouldn't mind knowing what some of the pros have landed on now that they're being mandated.

Edited by heffergm

they've been made compuslary in mx for the last few years. allegedly they will move have to comply with an EC / UN number in the future. some of the newer ones do look / feel more comfertable / flexible compared to the old skool (US football stlye) hard plastic shells.

however other than one or two people locally not seen anyone with one in trials. its not an area we see injuries (we run a lot of mx, enduro and trials) but we in the soft (muddy) south ...