Bar Width

fuzzbee

I am considering decreasing the bar width on my Rev-3 to 30 inches from 33 inches to match the width of my enduro bike bars. I have trouble adjusting to the increased width when I ride the Beta in the trails and my knuckles do not like the trees very much. Does anyone do this and what, if anything, would I loose from doing this?

suggest taking 10mm off each end,then trying it.take off another 10mm if they seem too wide,but I wouldn't go narrower than that,you lose more leverage than you would think.remember if you cut of too much you can't put it back on

Bobs suggestion is exactly what I did with my sons bike moving them out as and when he felt cramped on the bike, there is definitely a noticeable loss of leverage though when the grips are moved inwards.

But to try costs nothing remove the left hand grip move in the levers and twistgrip and have a go. We used a pair of expanding plug type bar end stops until the grips were back out to the bar ends, these work well but you can get debris down the twistgrip barrel so maybe a need to remove and clean after a mucky trial if the bike has been dropped.

The Tomasselli bars that Beta fit as standard are a little narrower than Renthal anyway.

Have you tried tipping the bars forward or moving them backwards to see if it makes all the difference.

My problem is really trying to convert this bike to an enduro\trials bike without having to swap handlebars based on the type of riding. Sounds silly, I know, but it is nice to occasionally go on longer trail rides with a very light flickable bike instead of an overpowered 4-stroke tank. I jerry-rigged a long ride seat, and carry extra gas and all I need now is narrower bars to keep up with my enduro riding friends when the trail gets narrow. I am not very good trials rider, but enjoy plinking that bike around in a dual-purpose way.