Jump to content

Road Registering old Twinshocks


Recommended Posts


1 hour ago, teamferret said:

If you don't mind having a Q plate you can register it like a farm vehicle and you won't need MOT or insurance

You sure ? Only if the vehicle is more than (I think ) 35 years old , can you run without mot or road tax, still has to be insured. Q plates were for vehicles that had been written off, then put back on the road, or if age couldn't be determined ?

Farm vehicles can only run a very short distance from the registered farm without being totally legal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Can you give us a link to the relevant DVLA page? I can't imagine there would be an official way of running without insurance on the public highway.  I know they brought in a way of registering a vehicle that was not going to be used on the public highway, in order to combat theft.

Edited by 2stroke4stroke
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...