Trials in the future.

breagh

On 5/14/2020 at 2:51 PM, ChrisCH said:

I hope you have a nice time.  Do bear in mind this is not allowed.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do

Para 1.1 "As with before, you cannot:

- gather in a group of more than two (excluding members of your own household), except for a few specific exceptions set out in law (for work, funerals, house moves, supporting the vulnerable, in emergencies and to fulfil legal obligations)"

There does seem to be a lot of confusion about the rules but they are pretty clear.  IMHO the owner of a practice ground is still required to keep it closed.  Lot of traffic on the internet now about all the things we can do, but a lot of people seem to think the "lockdown" is over.  It is not.  I think most of us (if we are honest) are bending the rules just a tiny bit past what they should be.  I'm pretty keen to get back to our local practice area but I would rather wait than have the landowner shut it altogether for fear of being fined.  For myself - as in just me personally  - I would take the risk, I'm sure it would not be hard to keep apart from other people if there are not too many of us.

There is no need to “gather in a group” when riding at a practice area. Just do your own thing and maintain anti-social distancing. It’s no different to two golfers playing one hole and other pairs playing other holes. Or two sailors on one dinghy and other pairs of sailors on other boats on the same expanse of water.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, trapezeartist said:

There is no need to “gather in a group” when riding at a practice area. Just do your own thing and maintain anti-social distancing. It’s no different to two golfers playing one hole and other pairs playing other holes. Or two sailors on one dinghy and other pairs of sailors on other boats on the same expanse of water.

No, I agree with that, but it is all interpretation as far as I can see of things.  My personal concern regarding our local area is just that the current system of leave the fee in the letterbox does mean that anyone not giving a monkey's can "gather in a group".  Now, to be honest, I don't care if they do and I am not that convinced it matters a great deal anyway even if they do.  What I don't want to see is the practice area shut down by some heavy handed person at the council and losing it for good.  (Nor the land owner getting hassle).

The missus and I had planned to do a day with Steve Saunders and would still like to (that's two from one household and A N Other - so it is "OK" I think)  But it needs a venue and so that venue needs to be open and some busybody somewhere with a grudge against motorbikes (you cannot imagine such a thing can you ?) and the venue is getting bother.  I think Steve uses the Zona1 ground?  So the club members will bitch they cannot play but a commercial training operation is making money whilst they sit at home frustrated.  And so it goes.  I think - on balance - I will wait it out until the UK has decided it doesn't care any more and so I will offend no one.

As the other poster was talking about Kent I wonder if Jason is "open" - I think that is a private area and owned by him?  I might give that a go, but it is a long drive for us.  [edit] Checked the website and they are shut [/edit]

The country appears to misinterpreted our idiot PM's comment to "go back to work if you can" (ie we are fed up paying the furlough money) to mean "do as you like it's all over".  Anyway whatever the truth now might be a good time to sneak in some practice before the inevitable second wave and ensuing panic.

Edited by ChrisCH
add info
  • Like 2

Good news from the Isle of Man, they now only have six cases of Covid 19, with just two of them in hospital.   They are getting ready to start the junior schools next week.  So maybe that is what our trials clubs could do..  Put on an event for the juniors only, with obviously their parents as helpers, and just two riders at a section at any one time.

• 2 weeks later...

A bit of even better news from the Isle of Man, as of 12:00 today Wednesday 3 June, there are Zero cases of Covid-19 there.

Travel ban is still in place, until GB has the same sort of result.