BSA B40 clutch help

evo boy

Good evening wonder if anyone can give me some advice. I have inherited a b40 off my father he took the clutch apart a few years back now.  Could anyone please tell me the way the clutch plates go back in ie friction plate, steel plate, friction plate ect? And what oil and capacity should I use in the clutch/primary chain. 

Many thanks

As above, buy copy of the book, separate one for engine, it’s worth it’s weight in engine oil. Explains everything including improvements.

Having had problems with clutch slipping on starting from cold I run chaincase dry. The Oil is only for the chain. As bike doesn’t do road work at constant higher revs I just use chain lube on primary chain, sprayed onto it via breather pipe hole. Works for me.

F66680D6-573A-48E7-8516-3C95448B7B2F.jpeg

• Like 1

On 11/25/2020 at 4:43 PM, timdog said:

As above, buy copy of the book, separate one for engine, it’s worth it’s weight in engine oil. Explains everything including improvements.

Having had problems with clutch slipping on starting from cold I run chaincase dry. The Oil is only for the chain. As bike doesn’t do road work at constant higher revs I just use chain lube on primary chain, sprayed onto it via breather pipe hole. Works for me.

F66680D6-573A-48E7-8516-3C95448B7B2F.jpeg

Thank you I'm going to ordered one for some Christmas reading 

6 hours ago, markparrish said:

It's a tiny amount of oil. You fill it up until it dribbles out of one of the studs (removed) - the book will tell you which stud for the cases you have (it's very helpful - as already stated)

OK I've just looked it must be the one covered by the rear brake lever as that's not a Alan key. Many thanks

• 2 weeks later...