Looking At Scorpas.

nitjay - hrc

Ive just sold my bike, and iam now on the lookout for a 04/05 Scorpa, i was wondering if there was anything to look out for SPECIFICALLY on Scorpas, i know about other bikes knocking and rattling etc, and i know there are already threads like this for other bikes.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

hav'nt had the backfiring on mine so far, i believe thats due to giving it (3?) weak kicks, always started first kick on mine (even started first kick sunday without the choke from cold!) also the backfiring can be caused by not keeping the killbutton pressed untill the engine has fully cut out.

There is not really a lot to look out for apart from what you have suggested already, coz they are soooooo well made! :D

Ive just sold my bike, and iam now on the lookout for a 04/05 Scorpa, i was wondering if there was anything to look out for SPECIFICALLY on Scorpas, i know about other bikes knocking and rattling etc, and i know there are already threads like this for other bikes.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

If you are asking about the SY250 Scorpa, look for bending and cracking of the clutch actuating lever arm on the gearbox. I've seen a couple of these bend beside where it is welded to the vertical shaft.

Waterpumps vulnerable - in rocky terrain. Ask if owner has pump guard.

Check chassis bearings.

Listen to a few at trials & get one with a quiet engine!

Likewise rear silencer - after a year it needs repacking - not easy - so get a quiet one.

Middle exhaust boxes can split/burst - but I'm not sure you can see this before it goes......but have a look.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Had mine for a year and got no problems to report, despite my hamfisted mechanical skills!! as Jools says the backfiring is due to people kicking it over like fannies and hold your finger on the kill switch until the engine has stopped fully also. oh yeah and the 05 is better colours than the 04 which has the frame in a non-descript blue. :D

I hate that blue, thats why i want an 05

Yes ive heard a few at the trials, the o3 one i rode was dead quiet, but i see some that seem to be a little rattley and noisy, iam just going to take my time and see what comes up.

How much does it cost to get the exhaust done, or if the middle bits gone how much for that?

Thanks

Edited by Nitjay - HRC

They are 70kg compared to the Gassers 69kg something like that , its pretty close, i dont think I will be able to use weight as an excuse for not cleaning things!

The Beta is actually the heaviest of the three, you can check it all out on the companies various websites, but they are all within a few kg of each other.