Tire Change

urbanxer

I'm new to this trials thing and the Gas Gas needs a new rear tire. I've got pretty good at motocross tires, have irons, soapy water etc. I have no idea whatsoever about trials bikes ('93 Gas Gas). It's tubeless? Special rim band? Any 4.00 X 18 on ebay? Thanks in advance for any help anybody

hi,i have a `92 gasser which has tubed tyres.Yours be the same?.i would say if your`e good at m/cross tyres,trials should be piece of cake.I changed the m/cross tyre on my lads bike,bloody hardwork compared to a trials tyre.Eveybody has different opinons on tyre brands,but michelins are the best i rekon.

Steve

Easy wat to change a trials tyre.

place a bit off wood under one side of the wheel with it flat on the floor, use a spade and position it next to the rim of the wheel. push down on the spade and it should pop off flip it and do the same on other side. make sure tyre is fully dow before u start.

or buy a flashy tyre remover.

hi,i have a `92 gasser which has tubed tyres.Yours be the same?.i would say if your`e good at m/cross tyres,trials should be piece of cake.I changed the m/cross tyre on my lads bike,bloody hardwork compared to a trials tyre.Eveybody has different opinons on tyre brands,but michelins are the best i rekon.

Steve

Your 92 bike should have a tubeless rim on it. There should be no need to put a tube in it.

Taking your tyre to be changed is like asking for directions. A real man won't do it no matter how much pain and heartache it's going to save him.

Many a night I've stayed up until midnight the night before a trial, trying to get a tyre off the rim, or back in to the bead, bruised wrists, blistered fingers, aching knees :P

No amount of hassle is too much to avoid the trip to Kwikfit :blink: