Trials Riders On Good Morning America

mich lin

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lane -

You are a "Former World Motorcycle Racing Champion"?

WORLD?

Bernie must be awfully proud of you.

It was a nice bit of family promotion, and Debbie looks great as always, but telling us that "a couple of trials riders" were to be featured was a bit deceptive. This piece had nothing to do with trials. Other than a brief shot of your kid taking a small mx jump on his bike, it was just "The Lane Family Empire".

Jeez, I always liked you Lane. I met you a bunch of times when I was a kid in the 70's and my dad was riding National events - you were always very nice to both of us. But telling people you were a World Champ is pretty sad to hear now.

Lane,

The show was 100% excellent, I enjoyed every minute of it! I liked the part where the guy ask Debbie if she would adopt him while riding ATV's, obviously he enjoyed your motorized toys. :chairfall:

I hope your children continue with the stunt buisness in the future.

Great stuff! :chairfall:

sam

WORLD CHAMPION?? Kind of like when Al Gore said that he invented the internet. Were you the first man on the moon too, Lane? Just a continuation of total disinformation from a self appointed hero to the masses. When will it all end? :chairfall:

Edited by barcota

I've never claimed to be world trials champ, I've claimed that about Debbie but not me.

If ABC said I was, it must be true however, because everything you hear on Good Morning America, ABC news and CNN is true, isn't it? They would never make a mistake in a story.

These shows they shoot hours of video yet only air a few seconds! We never know what they are going to put on or leave in the editing room. I've not seen the piece yet, Daniel and I were up riding with John Lampkin when the show aired.

Most people who have seen it have said it was pretty good, thanks to those who took the time to watch it.

I think I'd probably have to give the Beav the benefit of the doubt on this one given the way the press like to twist things to their own means. Anyway... the reason I'm replying is that I'm trying to give James (not John!) Lampkin some coverage of his trip stateside. I already have some reports from the organisers of the various schools, but I'd be interested to include any stories, comments, anecdotes etc that any of you have who attended any of the schools he ran. This was a bit of a unique trip and I'm keen to give it a bit of exposure.

I think I'd probably have to give the Beav the benefit of the doubt on this one given the way the press like to twist things to their own means. Anyway... the reason I'm replying is that I'm trying to give James (not John!) Lampkin some coverage of his trip stateside. I already have some reports from the organisers of the various schools, but I'd be interested to include any stories, comments, anecdotes etc that any of you have who attended any of the schools he ran. This was a bit of a unique trip and I'm keen to give it a bit of exposure.

The James Lampkin trials school was one of the most fun and infiormative days I have spent on a motorcycle! James is a great guy! So fun to be around. Full of jokes and levity, but also very serious about the sport of trials. He is truly a gifted rider and superb teacher. I'm sure he will never forget seeing the bottom side of my poor Mont. as I launched it at him and Ishy, directly above their heads. I am very glad that they were able to avoid being gored by it. ;) Jay L.