Trials Rules Question

amiller

Our club just had their yearly rules meeting. Just a little informal get together. We try to make sure we are caught up with NATC and FIM rules.

One of the questions asked was as follows. When a rider is stuck on an obstacle, sitting on the skidpan but no footing, should points be given for piviting his feet on the pegs and pushing with his toes to free himself. We looked at all the rules and there is no where that would make that legal yet if you watch any trial from the world level down to the local level it is common practice with no penalty.

The rules clearly say that the only legal contact points are skidpan and tirers.

Is there something we are missing. I have watched this at the world rounds and nationals go to protest and the rider wins. Something in reguards to his foot never left the peg. On the indoor events it is as common as using the clutch.

Just wondering what some others take on this might be??

Aaron

If you gain assistance bu leaning your arm on a tree then that counts as a dab. The same is true for using your feet, even if they are still on the pegs.

You might even get another mark for a stop if the observer is keen.

a question my mother has about this issue, when the bike is stuck on an obstacle by the sump guard (etc) and then gets going again has the bike stopped (and thus a penalty) or have they stopped and dabbed or something else ???

rabie ;)

I think The Dabster is spot on. The Indoor rules are a bit different.

Correct me if Im wrong though, you can stop with no penalty in balance or on the skid plate. That in how they wanted us to check the world round in the US. Also how the nationals and local events are checked. We went away from the Stop With Penalty Rule 2 or 3 years back.

Aaron