Ebay - Another Tlr Shed

johnnyboxer

"Looks like an XL kick start lever on it and not 100% sure its a 250. Sump guard is missing and probably a few other odds&sods"

Kickstart - minor detail - they often break / wear at the pivot, its more like a sooperdream one, they fit and are stronger but tend to rub into your ankles!

Motor looks suspicious - perhaps a little small for a 250 - pity there is not a picture from other side, or a close up picture. Might it be a 200?

Rusty exhaust - what do you expect? Honda pipes are made of mild steel and RUST even though you clean and paint them on a monthly basis.

Sump guard - how much damage to sump of bike since it is missing?

If it is a 250 -

Most of the Hondas, RS200, TLR, RTL etc seem to be based on the same centre crankcases so most engines have the same mounting points to the frame. I've fitted an RTL engine to a Seeley and it went straight in, no changes required. The positioning of the head-steady mount on the cam cover can differ, as can the way the carburettor is mounted, but that is about it I think but I'm no expert on Hondas.

That TLR on ebay doesn't actually look that bad, it's shabby but it could all be cosmetic. A stuck valve isn't necessarily a disaster, both valves were stuck in my engine but a few sharp taps on the tappet freed them off and the engine is very healthy (I know I'm going to regret that...) they were just stuck from lack of use. The last one on ebay, a few weeks ago, sold for almost

post-71-1142125298.jpg

Edited by Woody

Ref the sad looking honda,it is not a tlr,but a late RS250 model,

the tank seat is an original HRC item,I know the person selling it,

and yes it is expensive,but it is also quite rare

As for 200cc and 250cc engine swaps,its straight in for both.

the 200cc frame has a few extra brackets,that can be trimmed off,

the 250 frame has a bracket for the fuel tap that the 200 does not.

hope this helps a few people.

Whats this one worth ?

post-1697-1142276693.jpg