Second Hand Shercos

chipy

Ebay bike looks good,I would get aphone no.and speak to him,you get a better feel for the guy than thru email.Has he got a receipt from the dealer for it,check its got no finance on it,ask which 8 trials its done,what maintenance he does to it,get some current photos.99.9%of trials people are diamonds wifh nothing to hide,but its best to be careful.If your happy with it all and you can get it for 2200 go for it,but get it from the same address as on the receipt and make sure its got a legit frame no and take someone with you.Good luck H

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Husky,

It looks good but now Im concerned with the late 05 parts as mentioned by Dale... The guys name is Chris and hes sent me some pics which are first class. Ill give him a call...

can some one tell what the black box is above the cylinder head. I havnt seen it on other Shercos...

Cpost-2318-1142107314.jpg

Edited by Chipy

Wasn't he in third place in the Colmore Cup? Probably not on this bike - I would think on an 06 by now. If it is that one, then it won't be an import, he probably gets fairly good pricing from Rathmells so it pays to stay on a nearly new bike.

also change those footpegs if you get it (horrible they are)

As for the black box it looks like the 12v adjuster unit on my beta however im unsure of this it just looks similar.

Good luck if you decide to bid but also look around at the same time just in case you miss out!!!

Now correct me if i'm wrong but this is one of the last 05 bikes using the 4t split frame so the black box that you are puzzled over is the ignition coil that normally would be up under front end of fuel tank if you do buy the bike it might be a good idea to have some one fabricate a protective cover.

Hi, Chippy,the black box you mention IS the coil.It is a stupid place to mount it,very easily damaged.There must be a better place for it on the bike,i doubt if it will mount back under the tank,Why would sherco move it in the first place if there was room?It is one small gripe on a otherwise great bike!I would not worry about it being a 05/06 hybrid,it just shows the bike is a true late 05 model. :angry:

Chipy did you get a Sherco ?

Dont forget to cable tie the back mudgaurd on.

Take the two side bolts out saves having to buy a new after the

first crash.Also if not fitted fit a slow action throttle makes

riding chambers a lot easier .

Be very wary of these ebay sellers like one person on this topic said. buyer did pick the bike up and sound OK 3 weeks down the line and only being on the bike twice got rougher and rougher, for his information I have the invoice from TW Bikesport for the work done (yep main bearings) just be carefull. Some people just can't accept that they sold a bum deal.