Im Back ! Help on finding out about what trials are on.

atomant

Hi all, Its been a while ( 16 years in fact)😲

Well I have started riding trials again as I've recently bought a Mecatecno Dragonfly (what a machine !), so I want to start riding trials again but I wondered what is the best way to find out what is on? Ive looked at the ACU.sport80 site and I have looked on here,  but when I talk to some other trials people, they mention trials in clubs that I dont see posted on these sites.

I live in the Telford area and looking for a 50 mile radius.  Any tips where I can get info ( I'm currently a member of South Shropshire and Llangollen Trials clubs) 

Thanks in advance

IMG_6291.thumb.JPG.f7b3ed2a7f241849f18457eac0391634.JPG

Edited by atomant
  • Like 3

Hey, new here and have no advice, don't even have a bike yet but saving up for a Mecatecno! Would love to hear your thoughts on it. Saw your bike on instagram or somewhere, stunning, much less garish than the standard one haha.

Going to be a learning curve but I've grown up doing bicycle trials and mountain biking so hoping my understanding of balance and body positioning will help me out...

On 3/13/2024 at 10:06 AM, johnnyboxer said:

Facebook is the go to place, all your local Trials club will have FB pages, where they advertise their Trials events and upload entry forms/results and pics nowadays

Thanks mate - I will take a look 

Posted (edited)
On 3/13/2024 at 12:09 PM, WelshCarl said:

Hey, new here and have no advice, don't even have a bike yet but saving up for a Mecatecno! Would love to hear your thoughts on it. Saw your bike on instagram or somewhere, stunning, much less garish than the standard one haha.

Going to be a learning curve but I've grown up doing bicycle trials and mountain biking so hoping my understanding of balance and body positioning will help me out...

Heath (R2W Trials) offered me a go on his after I expressed an interest in getting back into it. After an hour on it, I didn't want to give it back! The power delivery is so smooth, it grips like nothing I have ever ridden. And the light weight was very noticable. It has a clutch but I didn't ride with it, just rode on the throttle. It has 4 different maps which equate to roughly 80cc/125cc/250cc/300cc - You will be able to change these via an app in the future. The top one, with the lightness of the bike, is an animal. Way too powerful for what I ride. So I rode most of the stuff I do ( Yellow route) on the 125cc setting. Plenty of power even at that level. 

So i decided to buy one 😁 The one in the picture is a custom option, with lightweight parts and red anodised components. it also has the upgraded battery. It wasnt cheap to this spec, but I seriously love it.

I rode with some mates for a day where I rode for about 4 hours. I had 62% left on the battery so that cost about 82p 🤑

Electric is definitely the best thing for trials - little noise - no stalling - easy to ride - multiple different power levels at a flick of a switch - lightweight and easy to maintain. What isnt there to love about them :) 

Edited by atomant
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 3/13/2024 at 12:10 PM, WelshCarl said:

Does it have a regen brake or the anti-roll back thingy like the EM?

It isnt on this one, but its being developed. 

• Thanks 1