Opinion on TRS One RR

KASTY

Good Day all, 

At the end of March I bought a TRS One RR 300 cc - 2023 new. 

I got a very good deal and visually it looks very well finished compared to the Vertigo ( Finish close to the GasGas ). 

I did not ride it yet as I am abroad fro business. Will be back this week and hopefully ride it in the week end. 

What are your thoughts / experiences on this bike, please? 

Thanks!

Kasty

4 hours ago, KASTY said:

Good Day all, 

At the end of March I bought a TRS One RR 300 cc - 2023 new. 

I got a very good deal and visually it looks very well finished compared to the Vertigo ( Finish close to the GasGas ). 

I did not ride it yet as I am abroad fro business. Will be back this week and hopefully ride it in the week end. 

What are your thoughts / experiences on this bike, please? 

Thanks!

Kasty

I've ridden a 2022 300 TRS One RR recently while getting it running well for a friend. Yes they are very well-made. It had lots of mumbo on tap. The handling, brakes, suspension and steering are excellent. Initially the footpegs felt further forwards than what I am accustomed to but the feeling went away after a few minutes riding.

• Like 1

So good I bought a second one 👍  electric start is expensive to maintain and doesn't work well in sub-zero temps, otherwise the bikes are awesome and better built then GasGas imo.

Well made, easy to work on. Easiest starting bike. Was no need for the push button. Good tough plastics. All the right components. The bad. Just a tad too small of fuel capacity. They have always had water pump seal issues. And the front end is too light.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, lemur said:

That's a first, never heard of anybody complain about a motorcycle being too light before.

Maybe he means balance. 

Or was that sarcasm?

15 hours ago, ric h said:

Maybe he means balance. 

Or was that sarcasm?

Well he does ride Montesa 4T which weighs more and has a far less lively suspension to the TRS, but TRS too light in the front end, no.

Yesterday I tried my new TRS One RR and I liked it a lot. If anything wrong should be found the gearbox is a bit hard. Perhaps it's because it's brand new and needs some break in time. 

On 4/24/2024 at 11:07 AM, lineaway said:

Actually the weight bias front to rear is off. That is why they put steel fork tubes on the TRRS originally. Pushes way to often. But it balances brilliantly!

Sounds like the scene in Worlds Fastest Indian where Burt Monro tried adding lead weight to the front of his motorcycle to improve handling.  If you haven't seen the movie, the extra weight theory was a fail.

Edited by lemur