Washing Your Bike

sherco 040

Don't bother.

According to the Times (page 9, Wed 5th April) the following are exempt from the ban.

Filling/topping up swimmingpools

Filling/topping up ponds

Washing patios, paths, driveways, patio furniture, cycles and motorcycles.

Water fights with neighbours.

Banned are

Watering plants & lawns

Washing cars, trailers, caravans.

I have my copy of the paper very safe. :)

washed my bike after a very wet and muddy trial on sunday. what we've done is wire up two hoses together from two water butts and plug it into the pressure washer. apparently there is a national shortage of taps and other bits for water butts though :P

but as araf say get your kids to have a water fight. i believe the interpretation is down the to water company of some specifics, but ultimately its down to your neighbours to report you

on the other hand MX rules let you pressure wash your bike at the venue, while trails rules say you can't :thumbup:

If you were to pay for petrol in advance and then the bloke stopped you half way through and told you "sorry fuel shortage & by the way you can't have half your money back" would that be OK? On the other hand you pay water rates for the full service but get told you can't use a hose cos it didn't rain enough and they can't be bothered to fix their leaky pipes. That will encourage them to fix the problem then .... :P

Still maybe when Fatty Two Sh@gs gets finished groveling to her indoors he will sort things out.