Montesa Airbox

montesa315

had a slight problem with my 99 315 yesterday. was riding all day but the bike seemed to be knocking more and more. washed it off and stripped it down to find that the engine is full of sand. lovely. traced the problem back to sandy water that was getting in the airbox. hadn't done any wading (its not a landrover). has anyone out there got any good ideas on making the airbox a tad more watertight as im sure you'll imagine i'm facing a rather large bill now and i dont want it happening again. cheers

The 4rt seems to keep out the water really well but you must allways put a clean filter,with fresh oil every ride after all it only takes five mins.

Cheaper than a rebuild!

I have started to use notoil and it makes filter cleaning really clean and simple,plus the filter seal grease is spot on.

No more petrol stink in the kitchen sink,the wife is happy to

This is what I do when I'm washing my Mont. Take off the rear fender, take out the complete air filter, stuff the airbox with paper towell, then bolt a flat alloy plate with a rubber backing over the airbox. It'll take half an hour to cut, file and drill a plate to fit, and then you can pressure wash to your hearts content and be sure no water gets in the airbox or engine. When it's all dry, take off the plate, pull out the paper, wipe round and refit filter and mudguard. Been doing that with all my Monts since 1998 and never a minute's problem