Flywheel Nut

bilco

hi john.

Bill does'nt have one or know of any about,im hoping someone is breaking an engine up,the only other way to go is get something made up, but i'd rather have the proper nut.

cheer's.

steve.

Do you have the original fly nut to measure the thread size/pitch, or if not then can you take dims off crankshaft theads?

Seem to remember it was fine pitch but large dia? M14 x1.0 but a very narrow nut for its size.

Likely a part No.250-44-00-5200 if anyone out there has a cross reference to the sizes.

..Confirmed M14 x 1.0. Will check local metric hardware suppliers to see if available locally.

Edited by fanticisti

Do you have the original fly nut to measure the thread size/pitch, or if not then can you take dims off crankshaft theads?

Seem to remember it was fine pitch but large dia?  M14 x1.0 but a very narrow nut for its size.

Likely a part No.250-44-00-5200 if anyone out there has a cross reference to the sizes.

..Confirmed M14 x 1.0. Will check local metric hardware suppliers to see if available locally.

hi.

yes i still have the original nut,look's like im going to have to get one made up,as you may know they have to be very tight as it's easy to break the woodruff key on the 200's.

thank you for the reply.

• 1 month later...

Hi Steve, was out of the country so the nut went in the post today. see you in september at the dartmoor?

lee

hi lee.

ok cheer's mate.

I thought my dead head of a post man might of posted it to the wrong house again.

steve.

Hi Steve, was out of the country so the nut went in the post today. see you in september at the dartmoor?

lee

hi lee.

ok cheer's mate.

I thought my dead head of a post man might of posted it to the wrong house again.

steve.

Hi Lee.

received nut today,perfect job, thank's very much lee.

steve.