Lampkin World Round Wins

dabber

Has he won his last??  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Has he won his last??

• Yes
    • No

Doug didn't have to renew his contract with Montesa HRC but choose to.

Doug is past is prime, but his prime was so ahead of any other trials rider that even now he is still a serious challenger for the WTC and long may this continue.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my whole argument is ..that on the same bikes raga and doug would be very evenly matched the only thing that differentiates is the machinery..

IT WAS ALWAYS DIFFERENT EVEN ON THE BETA AND 315

raga uses a machine that has remained substanialy unchanged for many years the mont is 3 years old at best and obviously still has some way to go down the development road

YOU HAVEN@T SEEN RAGAS BIKE THEN RECENTLY????

FRAME MOTOR ANGLES SHOCK BRAKES TANK CARB ARE ALL DIFFERENT AND I WOULD GUESS IN DEVELOPMENT

that honda have managed to drag it to levels where 2 of the best 5 riders in the world can have it winning world rounds is a fantastic achievement and is one only honda or yamaha could have done DOUBT IT

and yamaha although moving forward are still some way off been as competative as the mont

THAT WOULD BE IN 2 YEARS TIME THEN

if the guys can fight off the aging process i'm conviced that honda will make the mont clearerly the outstanding trials bike of its time and we will all look back and say ''i remember when 2 strokes were good but i'd never ride one now''

SOUNDS LIKE A CONTRADICTION OF WHAT YOU JUST SAID

as for doug winning world rounds... definately

the world championship though will need him to capture the dominant form and motorcycle which he had when he could go virtually the full year without losing a round and i dont see that at the moment..

The others are getting better its not that dougie is going downhill or the bike is definately worse.

for a lad that used to deliver my papers though, good luck to him..

I had the pleasure of a front seat view of him at the USA WTC and there is no doubt he still has enough + a bit more of what it takes. On the first day, (except for the first section :wacko:) he rode with confidence and determination and with Team Lampkin around him the whole thing was clinical and well excecuted. :D

I didnt see one instance when the machine couldnt get him up anything and if anything, the americans were commenting on how much power it had, ( especially if you saw the Scorpa 4f attempting the same stuff which was way off the pace. :D )

Im my humble opinion, the 4RT looks to be no longer at a disadvantage for the outdoor.. while people talk about the machines development, DL has had to learn new techniques and riding styles to accomodate it and to be where he is in such a short period of time tells me hes hungry for another title and the ambition is still there..

As the experience grows then so does the confidence so its still very possible :D

I agree with Atom - the bike doesnt seem to be that much of a disadvantage, but when it's made clear that the Japanese round was set up to help the Monts and they (Lampkin & Fuji) stil cant win then it doesnt look too good.

I started the poll because I think it will be a very close run thing. I really hope he wins some more, but even if he does it wont be many. The top 5 still seem to be a long way ahead of the others, but Bou seems to be close to being very very good.

Didn't he state himself, on one of the TC interviews, while he thinks he can win the championship he will keep trying.

I don't think the championship would be half as good without Team Lampkin there, and all the young riders coming on strong from the UK, who inspired them?

I still see more pictures of Doug and bike at world rounds than anyone else.

http://www.pugetsoundtrialers.com/photos-t..._natls_5-06.htm

:D

Hmmmmmm,,,,,

When I look at the front page here

http://www.todotrial.com/ttactual/indexttactual.htm

I don't see him.

I think folks tend to cheer for folks like themselves.

I just keep looking for the Redneck fat guy to cheer for in WTC. :D

:wacko:

Thing I've noticed about TODO TRIAL is it's very Spain Specific, focused on their scene, their riders etc etc. This site is on a global scale of course us xenophobic Brits will shout for our own however I'm with Ishy on this one, Doug and "team Lampkin" are the most popular on the world scene.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that doug win,s more wtc & I think that he will the 4rt is the first four stroke trial,s for many year,s & i guess it will take time to adjust to the difference in power etc but he seem,s to be still one of the top 3 rider,s in the world & if you look back at what doug has achieved he is without a doubt the best trials rider ever no one can take that away from him I think raga is keeping doug,s seat warm so to speak & soon we,ll see doug back at the top where he rightfully belong,s