240 Restorations

axulsuv

As she now is presentable to the world ! Has anyone tried the njb Trikshoxs yet ? and does any one out there know the jetting for a 26mm delorto for the 240 ? I have 2 here and would like to try one instead of

the 25mm that came on her. but both carbs are off tl320 swm's and I don't know what the jetting should be for my bike or what it is for a 300 ... And heres some pics of the old basket case !!!

Glenn

Why can't I get my picture's to attach ???? :thumbup::D

Glenn

Edited by axulsuv

Hi Glenn,

click on the picture with the right hand mouse button and use "open with" and use the microsoft program paint. You canthen stretch your pictures in x and y by 0,5 and the picture will be much smaller.

I will check the 300 carb I have on my 240 and lket you know the jet sizes here

lee

:thumbup: Thanks Heath ; and yes it's cramped in the hotbox with the 2 SWM's in there too ! I'll have to build a new shop before I start on restoring the really ugly 90 beta zero ! It's to much work to move all the bikes out just so I can get to my meager home toolbox. And excuse the mess !!!

And this is the next victom ! (yes that is mold on the engine!)

Glenn :Dpost-1232-1152070288.jpg

Hi Glenn,

I have looked at my 243 engined 240- It has a PHBH26 carb, which I think came from a 300 fantic. main Jet is 95, Pilot Jet is 45, It has a X5 needle and a BN264 Needle Jet (Needle runs in this!) The starter jet is a 70. Finally the float jet (rises and falls with the float to stop and start petrol flow) has 200 stamped on the side. The bike has a std. 240 exhaust and a wes silencer and the porting has been advanced by putiing two base gaskets, lowered exhaust and transfer ports and the head was skimmed by 0,6mm. I have a stainless flywheel weight added to calm things down. The bike pulls very well off the bottom and revs out fully in any section.

Hope this helps.

post-1856-1152136859.jpg

Edited by Lee Harris

Thanks Lee , I think I'll get some gaskets and jets and start play with my carbs ! I hope I can keep her single kick starting hot or cold with a different carb set up ! Right now it runs great except that when you go wide open for more than a few seconds (steep long hills for example ! ) it stumbles just a bit , I can let off and back on and it will be OK for another little bit ... And yes I've played with the float level , new filter and petcock to assure full fuel supply ! I also found a K&N gauze air filter to fit comfortably in the stock air box and seal up quite well with some 1/4 inch closed pore self adhesive weather strip on its edges !! (k&n pn#E3211).With the needle clip in the stock location it made a serious difference in throttle response , really crisp for a old girl . I think a new Wes silencer and some carb experiments and it'll be even better. !!!

Glenn

Edited by axulsuv

Hi Glenn, before ou go and change things drastically , like fitting a new carb, what size is your main jet....a 98 or 99 I imagine. Fit a 95 and clean out and repack the silencer. I think it will cure the problem!

lee

Lee, I have to get a Wes silencer before I can clean and repack it ! I've cleaned the original one to the best of my ability without cutting it open and welding it back up ! and both of my 25mm carbs have 98 mains I haven't had a chance to look at the other carbs yet .and I have to get some delorto gaskets before I take them apart again ! all the gaskets are O.E. on my fantics for sure... I'm going to try to make a ITSA event at the B&J ranch in sept. so I'll get bob to have a silencer waiting for me then , or beforehand.

Thanks !

Glenn :thumbup:

And Steve ; I looked thru those shots when they first went up ! how old is matt ? I wish I could get my 2 boys and my daughter some little trials bikes and get someone else to teach them the basics of riding !!!

Cause I know I'd be to critical and scared at the same time !!! And I've got a Fantic jersey like yours (i hope) on the way from france , cause I have to match my bike , RIGHT !

Glenn:

Hey thanks for the reply! Matt just turned 10 and is on his 4th bike now! Spoiled or what??? Rev80 is enroute as we speak! He has defenitely inherited the Fracy motorcycle gene! If he sticks with it he will be a superstar!! Your Fantic has come along nicely. Great bikes!

steve

Steve ; my boy's are 7 and 10 and my daughter is 13 , and as a single dad in todays world w/ no support

I sometimes feel guilty about my bikes cause I started riding at 5 or 6 . But that was a different world back then . And I'd have to get 3 to keep things fair !!!! But dad at 46 years old has to have somefun somehow !!!!

Thanks

Edited by axulsuv