Difference 01 & 04 315

gasgasboy

Please tell me the differences between 01 & 04 315 bikes.I have the option to get either one and need your expert advice to help this decision.This website has been a great help as most people are not biased and are genuine.Thanks.. :rolleyes:

From memory:

The only dynamic differences are that the 01 had quicker steering and the 04 had modified port timing to make the engine more responsive on the bottom end .

I am willing to be corrected on this. :rolleyes:

Hi

I just got a 2001 my self , I to had the choice of a 01 & a 04 , I went the 01 , It had done less motor work & etc , the 04 was used by a expert rider and had done more work ,

change the stickers & who will no ,

Go with bike that has done the less work & what fits your $$$$$$$$$,

cheers :rolleyes:

Edited by mostar

I had various 315's ( 1998, 2001 & 2003) and the later the version, the better the bike. I disagree with the opinion that an '04 model is an experts bike... I tried one before going down the 4RT route and the '04 was no different to the '03 as far as grunt and wwhhoommppphhh are concerned.

Build quality, reliability and ease of maintenance do not vary between an '01 and an '04 so I suggest (as per the previous scribbler) that you look at both, see which is less thrashed and base your decision on that. Do check the rear suspension for play. If you have to fit new bearings or shock absorber top mount bushes (or even both) expense will be incurred. Also check that the lower link has not been bashed on a rock (very vulnerable to this), because other pricey new parts will be needed to rectify this too.

They were great bikes that were built well and hence you see old model 315's long after similarly aged other makes... a 2001 Mont. is worth something - not a statement you can make about certain other bikes!!

Happy shopping!!!!!