E-bay..not Quite Right?

ham2

I'm always concerned about a bike when i see 'Never Trialled' in the advert. If it hasn't been used for what it was made for, then I think theres a good chance it's been thrashed around a field by someone with little knowledge of bikes. If they had any knowledge they would spend their money on a bike made for going fast around fields, they would probably have more fun on that too!

Just my view... I'm sure some people think its a good thing to read in an ad!

simon.

Agree with Simon, "Never trialled" is a lot worse than trialled regulary. Bike will have almost certainly been thraped to an inch of its life around a field. Seller has no idea of what hes bought I think which reflects in the price and the different ages of the parts, if I was buying second hand last bike I would but would be a never trialled one.

Well on E-bay you never know what condition the bike is unless there is a pic of every scratch and dent. I think the best way is for you to get some money together and go have a proper look at it :D

Edited by Trials Dude

Nah, it's definately pre 00 or 01 as the rear caliper is not inside the swing arm but on top. I can't remember exactly when that changed. A simple frame No check with Sandifords should confirm the year.

It's a shame when things aren't as they are described as it's very easy to assume that someone's on fiddle rather than a genuine mistake.

I can't agree with you FF on this one, Rear rim is the old Akront tubeless (doesn't have the little cut outs on the flange). Timing case is brown not grey. Still looks like a '99 to me.

I did have a '99 with a chrome pipe - don't think its that bike as it had a V5.

I think the moral of this thread is let the buyer beware.