What Fuel Are Those Team Repsol 4rts Running On

daggs888

Second year at Hawkstone and it was mint. But again this year the team 4RT's are deffinatly running more than just 'super unleaded' in the tank ! Does anyone know what it actually is ? . Smells like the stuff you would use on model petrol engines or something ... or is it a mix of that and normal fuel ??.

If it is some sort of high octane fuel then would this shorten the life of the engine components ?, has anyone used it and what is the differance in the power charactristics ?

It's a real 'petrol head' subject this one :beer: (pardon the pun, couldnt resist)

Hard luck to Doug, I thought he put in a good ride on the sections that I was lucky enough to see him on... he didnt seem to have as much crowd 'roars' this year !... just my view !

VIVA FUJI <_<:beer::wub:B):D:D

Edited by daggs888

Its prolly some high octane race fuel. Only real advantage would be the possibility to run the engine with even more advanced timing, or higher compression. (higher octane is less prone to detonating).

Just my 0.02

That lovelly smell is caster oil

I cant belive they run castrol r in the engine but they may do

you can get your bike to smell like it by putting a tea spoon of castrol 747 in the petrol as upper cylinder lubricant.

but it may oil your plug if you use to much (i used to do it to the scorpa 125 4t)that smelled lush.

but its probably some super recipy honda race fuel that the team use

It doesn't produce more power than cheap pump gas, but it is more stable, best used in higher compression heads.

Cap full of bean oil does add a nice smell to race day.

If your bike runs well on super from the pump, then buying race fuel is wasting you $, the bike won't perform any better

We can buy 110 race fuel for the same price / gal you pay for the ell cheapo rice burner juice, but BA, might not let you carry on five gal in econo class.

For a more economical affect. Spray your 4RT with Lynx.

As regards Mr Montesa looking over the <mention of this company is not permitted on Trials Central> bike. I trust you mean the RTL and not the Sherco?

Castrol R is quite widely available in 30 weight and 40 weight, apparently it doesn't conform to any current specifications (no detergents or other modifying additives), so it is only recommended by Castrol for racing applications, 1 race and drain it off.

Its other big disadvantage is that if it comes into contact with a mineral oil it just seems to turn to thick sludge, blocking every oilway in the engine.

I seem to remember that Castrol did make a 2 stroke oil that was caster based. Was it not this that separated out in storage?

I'm not sure I'd want to do a drain after every race, I think I'd rather go with cota kid's idea .... and spray it with Lynx !!!.

Must admit though, it is a nice smell, if it were bottled, i'd use it for work ! ..... then spend hours telling the young enquiring ladies that it's "burned super unleaded with a hint of castrol in it"

In summary, chos smell and love it but all this talk of draining means it's to much hasstle (in my opinion)

Thanks for all the reply's lads .... look at this spooky one of the monty that I took tonight after riding and jetwash ....... :thumbup::DB)

post-1875-1154473167.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Yep, that's what I said earlier, just seems to have been mis understood by some people.

A table spoon per gallon in the petrol makes no difference to anything but smells lovely in queues or gullies. (Might have a slight upper cylinder lubricant effect but I doubt it)

I use the same petrol in the lawnmower - the neighbour loves it too!