Where Does Trials Go In The Future?

atomant

...Also, my wife said to me at Hawkstone that she was suprised that with all the guys riding round in Lycra, there wasn't a big Gay following for the sport :rolleyes: . I said there is, just go over into that fenced off tent in the far corner of that field over there :P

Bitch!! :crying:

Wondered when someone was gonna notice that :D

Theres peeps who ride no stop and like it and theres peeps who like hop skip & a jump and like it. Both sorts co-exist right now and is available so theres no argument there. Take your choice.. :crying: you aint planning on going down that old road of debate again are you :o

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heath,

Well said, well written, well you know.I too gave up for 2 years but went to watch a British round and some of the sections were the same as 4 years earlyer when i was a minder and they were Flick turning on the move,getting kicks here and kicks there,Observers saying 5, minders and riders saying they didn't stop.What a joke.

And at the end the top 10 looked the same as before,the best riders on top.

I agree with the Beta Basher (Barrybaines) i got into trials because of Trick riding a 14 year old doing a 180 flick turn on some concrete pipes.

We should only tweck the rules not change them so it creates a diffrent sport,If riders can't do all the tricks and are struggling then ride the Middle route.If thats to easy then help the clark of the cause to stiffen it up abit.When was the last time we helped them or gave them input. Most don't ride anymore and would love a riders help.

So Where does trials go in the Future? Just alittle further on than it is now i think.

Bitch!! :rolleyes:

.. i like my trials the way it is.. i can go out and play and hop about as though i was actually any good at it. I ride the odd trial here and there and if i don't enjoy the place or people i don't go back. The WTC is a spectacle, it has no connection to the type of riding i do other than the name on the tank/frame is the same as something i can buy, But I certainly wouldn't go to watch or buy video's etc of no-stop rules riding. When that came in in the middle 90's i stopped riding for 6 years.... i may not be any good as a rider but i enjoyed trying the trick stuff. Someone said earlier in this post, if you want no-stop up a river bed go watch an Enduro. I know the ssdt, Scott trial etc is always full, but just because it is what you like doesn't mean we all have to be forced to ride no-stop events. the club trials i ride all allow stops and hops, but the clerk of course hasn't had to make them all dangerous to take points from us. If i found the event too easy then there are always harder trials in the area to go ride instead.

I personally think that the world championship should be decided over one weekend now..... only the top 10 riders have the backing to go around the world for 10 rounds. Pick a country each year, like the TDN does, and have the championship decided over the 2 days... and have paid, trained observers. I bet that there would be a bigger entry if you only had to save up for one weekend away a year... another rule for that weekend, at least 75% of the sections have to me natural terrain and 25% have to include water or mud!!

The indoor is great to watch for a skill point of view, and it makes good TV if filmed well. The extreme generation love that sort of thing.... once again it has no direct connection to us at our club trials but it is out there in the public view on TV and at least the top guys will be able to earn a bit.

I would much rather travel into my closest city to watch an urban trial than i would go walking in the pi55ing rain across some moor for hours on end to be bored by loads of straight, no-stop sections...

Must say I agree with Heath's opinions the most so far except for the idea of a one weekend world championship (doesn't reward consistency) and the last comment about going to a city to watch an urban trial when it rains rather than a moorland trial (maybee has something to do with him being a Southerner :D)

I think the bad weather and battling against the elements is part of what makes the sport such a good test of determination and strength and a big part of the sport for me.

Edited by Beta120690