Thank You Trials Central And Remember Bert

ask greeves

Thanks Trials Central, Your my connection, for keeping in touch with whats happening, in the Trials world. The video clips thier absolutley first class, I spent the tenner, so that I could get the full coverage, the best tenner I've ever spent. They say a picture's worth a thousand words, what's a video clip worth !. Does anybody out there remember Bertalier( think this is wrong spelling) know as Bert, he was a handy rider at the world rounds a few years ago. Anyway I remember seeing a video of Bert, I think it was at a German World Round, where Bert (he was always known as a bit of a firery person) has an altercation with the observer (who looked to be a very big German) and got physically thrown out of the section. It is real classic, any Trials Central viewers remember or got the video.

Edited by ask greeves

Thanks Trials Central, Your my connection, for keeping in touch with whats happening, in the Trials world. The video clips thier absolutley first class, I spent the tenner, so that I could get the full coverage, the best tenner I've ever spent. They say a picture's worth a thousand words, what's a video clip worth !. Does anybody out there remember Bertalier( think this is wrong spelling) know as Bert, he was a handy rider at the world rounds a few years ago. Anyway I remember seeing a video of Bert, I think it was at a German World Round, where Bert (he was always known as a bit of a firery person) has an altercation with the observer (who looked to be a very big German) and got physically thrown out of the section. It is real classic, any Trials Central viewers remember or got the video.

Is Bert related to Bruno? :P

The event was a German World Round a few years ago ( I have the video) Philip Berlatier ( Bert)

was "5"ed by the observer because his mider lifted the section tape away from his back wheel on a tight corner

Bert cleaned the section and was enraged when the big Kraut gave him a five - he parked his bike and went back to "talk" to the guy who wanted nothing to do with him - Bert gave him a little "push" to get his attention and it graduated from there, - Bert got disqualified from the event anf earned the nickname Tyson.

Big John I think the incident you are refering to was a one which involved Tommy Ahvalas minder , the incident occured at one of the sections on Ben Nevis . Iwas sitting about 6 foot away when it all kicked off. The photo shows Ahvalas minder under about 3 other people but the observer was under all of them and im sure he is a big lad . Sorry i cant get the photo to attach but it is funny

Edited by fellonmelug

Big John I think the incident you are refering to was a one which involved Tommy Ahvalas minder , the incident occured at one of the sections on Ben Nevis . Iwas sitting about 6 foot away when it all kicked off. The photo shows Ahvalas minder under about 3 other people but the observer was under all of them and im sure he is a big lad . Sorry i cant get the photo to attach but it is funny

send me the photo and I will attach it . I'm sure we would love to see it :P

send it to ian@trialscentral.com

Cheers

I cant believe that it is over 15 years ago since the world round was held on the lower slopes of Ben Nevis. I havent been to many world rounds but it is without doubt my favorite. The Ben seemed to accomodate the thousands of spectators with ease and the views where spectacular. Hope it returns one day (without the fisty cuffs of course )

it was an experience helping to organise a world round circus - cant believe it was 15 yrs ago - but, as Bigjohn says, one that I for one will not be repeating.

However we could dig out some of the sections on the Ben and let the lads try them on saturday afternoon 12th May 2007 :P

Now that sounds like an idea and a half :P ......either that OTH or don't spend 20mins up to your knees in freezing water filling in the holes just send in the coastguard :hl: ....15 years ago...was a while ago wasn't it

Edited by Slapshot 3

• 10 years later...
On Saturday, September 30, 2006 at 3:14 PM, outlaw dave said:

The event was a German World Round a few years ago ( I have the video) Philip Berlatier ( Bert)

was "5"ed by the observer because his mider lifted the section tape away from his back wheel on a tight corner

Bert cleaned the section and was enraged when the big Kraut gave him a five - he parked his bike and went back to "talk" to the guy who wanted nothing to do with him - Bert gave him a little "push" to get his attention and it graduated from there, - Bert got disqualified from the event anf earned the nickname Tyson.

OUTLAW DAVE>>>>>Have found the video yet (from post 2006)

17 hours ago, oni nou said:

Justice being dished out to bar room brawler and Queue jumper Philippe Berlatier https://youtu.be/d_60dNyAMcI?t=3m18s

What is the point of having an observer if the rider is going to score himself at an event, get rid of them and have all the entrants sharing joint 1st place that would be quite a big podium.

His rear wheel goes under the tape as he backs up and therefore out of the section regardless of his minder going near the tape to help him out its still a 5.

The video evidence quite clearly shows the observer being 'Tyson' not Berlatier.

From what I saw the observer was allowing the backing up and dislodging of the tape on the rear wheel, the 5 was given when the minder went over and used his foot to move the tape out farther to keep it from getting in the rider's wheel again.  Tampering with the section boundaries.

13 hours ago, oni nou said:

regardless of his minder going near the tape to help him out

Yeah Yeah yeah,  I saw that.  I think we are in agreement............. sort of.

I do see the point about the rear axle being past the tape, therefore outside the boundaries of the section.

I was just commenting on what I saw how the observer was scoring the section at that particular moment.

But definitely bad form for the rider to respond is that way.