TR 280

neo

I guess the only way we will find out is if people sell them after a year and change like a number of people did with the four strokes here. They raved about them but the next year they had changed back to the 2 stroke. I think mine is great, has a few little things to sort but for a first off they are awesome.

Well here i go and i am going to be very, very picky.

I like the candy apple green Ossa that a dealer in the UK has prepared (i don't like the frame colour), the Ossas that came to Oz didn't have a stand (that said the importer has rectified this and many A and expert riders here remove them any way), The transmission requiring a hole drilled (once again importer has rectified this), some riders have stated it felt more like a 250cc than 272cc (my bet is because they have a slow action throttle from standard, mine has been replaced and big difference), the clutch is heavier (heavier, not heavy, but comparing this to a sherco which is the lightest in my experience), the air filter is more difficult to remove than the new sherco (but what isnt?), takes longer to remove a spark plug (a whole 4 more screws), ensure you loc tight the disc bolts as one of the rears coming even a bit undone could cause a big cost (again should be done on all bikes), it was difficult to start but the latest map has rectified this and dont forget those torx (but this is a personal opinion and the smaller ones i have replaced)

My advice is look me up at the next NSW state round and have a ride, sure you will want to trade your sherco in!

I hope that next years production bike has the duel map on it!

So as you can see i have been critical. all the things i have said are minor and most have already been sorted out. Ossa must be confident they offer a awesome warranty on their product!

Edited by sdeane01

Well here i go and i am going to be very, very picky.

I like the candy apple green Ossa that a dealer in the UK has prepared (i don't like the frame colour), the Ossas that came to Oz didn't have a stand (that said the importer has rectified this and many A and expert riders here remove them any way), The transmission requiring a hole drilled (once again importer has rectified this), some riders have stated it felt more like a 250cc than 272cc (my bet is because they have a slow action throttle from standard, mine has been replaced and big difference), the clutch is heavier (heavier, not heavy, but comparing this to a sherco which is the lightest in my experience), the air filter is more difficult to remove than the new sherco (but what isnt?), takes longer to remove a spark plug (a whole 4 more screws), ensure you loc tight the disc bolts as one of the rears coming even a bit undone could cause a big cost (again should be done on all bikes), it was difficult to start but the latest map has rectified this and dont forget those torx (but this is a personal opinion and the smaller ones i have replaced)

I hope that next years production bike has the duel map on it!

So as you can see i have been critical. all the things i have said are minor and most have already been sorted out. Ossa must be confident they offer a awesome warranty on their product!

Nice review and not so bad for a bike in it's first year :thumbup: ...BTW ... when did you take delivery of your Ossa?

My advice is look me up at the next NSW state round and have a ride, sure you will want to trade your sherco in!

Thanks for the offer .... might just take you up on that one too :hyper:

Best of balance.

Neo

I would love to but...........How do I explain the plane ticket to my missus?

• 2 weeks later...

There is so little participation recorded so far?, It's a bit strange.

Just guessing :unsure: :

- maybe the bike is really good, no real issues, (beside the one posted befor)?

- maybe only some OSSA users do have an Trials Central account?

- maybe there where only a couple sold, like three or so?

Maybe there are more positive effects :lol:?

I think one major problem here is the same as is going on with most of the other forums. Lot's of lurkers, but few posters. Whenever somebody makes a post, there's always half a dozen "in the know guys" who are more than willing to shoot him down just to get a hoot out of the "guys". Some guys have thick skins, but your average guy doesn't. They'd love to post and talk trials, but what's the point when there's always someone so willing to post a burn? Once burned...twice shy.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tobeee

If a manufacture is aware of an issue he can fix it on the production line as early as possible and potentially have less bikes to recall or issue mods for .... That's saving a ton of trouble.

Sorry Nigel I'm just not up on the politics or the who's who. I tend to believe that the majority of folk will do the right thing and spare myself the constant concern of doubt.

And if anyone was aiming to intentionally discredit the TR280 I think they would have been much more active in this Ossa Group by now.

Best of balance.

Neo

The danger is for the forum owners. A company can assess whether their business has been damaged by comments on a public forum, and it's the people running the forum who would be liable for any subsequent damages claim. Nobody wants to risk that, or losing a forum we love, so we users just need to tread carefully. The manufacturers would not thank us for exposing an isssue that affects their sales, as they have their own means of identifying faults. Personally I think it's a fantastic looking bike (I know there should be more to it than that!) and suffering a few minor issues would not stop me buying one. I can remember getting a Gas Gas years ago and people warned me of reliability issues. The only thing that failed was a gearbox gasket and it was a very cheap and simple fix (even for me!) so absolutely nothing would put me off any manufacturer now.

The danger is for the forum owners. A company can assess whether their business has been damaged by comments on a public forum, and it's the people running the forum who would be liable for any subsequent damages claim. Nobody wants to risk that, or losing a forum we love, so we users just need to tread carefully.

Is this for real?....But even if it was what manufacture would be stupid enough to sue the very medium that "Social Media Maket's" (promotes) it's industry and their own products?

And how many potentially damaging comments have been put in other pages of this forum in the past?... Was TC threaten then?... And what of all the other product realated forums (millions of them!) have any of them been sued?

Honestly gents is this a public forum based in a democratic country or are we all just living behind the Great Wall? :icon_salut:

Best of balance.

Neo

Edited by Neo