Scott Trial 2015 Update.

laird387

Hi,

The Scott Trial entry list this year is slightly down with 189 listed. The big names are Dabill, Dougie and James Lampkin, Sadler, Kendrew, Wigg, Austermuhle, Bolt, Price, a brace of Hemingways and Bullocks, Yeadon, Sam
Haslam and Welsh Champion Iwan Roberts. The Stones cousins, James and Jack, virtually live on the course and know the whims of the weather in Swaledale.
Michelle Bosi and Cristian Naranjo-Ruano are the overseas contestants.

World champion Emma Bristow has Katy Sunter, Chloe Richardson and Gisburn newcomer Vicky Peel for company. Some quartet.

As far as geographical extremes try Italy, Gran Canaria, Isle of Man, Nairn, Inverness, Exeter, north and south Wales, Plymouth, Aberdeen and all parts of the West Country 

The programme will be out soon.

Scott Trial Souvenir Programmes will be available at the usual outlets from the 3rd or 4th of October – Richmond Petrol Stations, Richmond Garage Services, The Food Weighhouse, Cross Lanes Stores, Smith and Allan in Darlington, Piercebridge Farm Shop, AG Bikes at Low Row and the usual Reeth outlets for £5. You can also order now by emailing Julia at scotttrial100@gmail.com (£6.50 including postage).

As always all profits will go to The Scott Charities.

post-19290-0-76956800-1443544134_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387
  • Like 1

I wonder if Mr Bosi will be riding a TRS...

Sorry,

You'll have to buy a programme for that answer............and don't forget they often sell out in double quick time.  Mine is ordered ahead............

Edited by laird387

Hi,

One of the successful riders in the 2015 Scott Trial will be awarded the 'Hard Luck Trophy' - but to find out just what that magnificent piece of silverware is, I'm afraid you will have to subscribe to our digital magazine -ORRe - because that is just one of the many facts about our sport that is being published for the first time in this reference work.

Is the Scott getting too long? too hard?

Just wondered with the ever increasing gap between top riders and clubmen should the Scott be aiming at a finishing time of say well under 5 hours and a best observed score of under 20. Although there is quite a good finishing % might it not be better to try to ensure a full 200 entry. Finishing times seem to be getting longer despite faster lighter bikes.

Edited by dadof2

Is the Scott getting too long? too hard?

Just wondered with the ever increasing gap between top riders and clubmen should the Scott be aiming at a finishing time of say well under 5 hours and a best observed score of under 20. Although there is quite a good finishing % might it not be better to try to ensure a full 200 entry. Finishing times seem to be getting longer despite faster lighter bikes.

and while we are at it, lets make marathons only 10 miles so everyone can finish in 2 hours.......

• Like 7

I also saw the state JR Sunt was in at the finish last year. I am not suggesting the Scott be made easy, no way.

If you look at the results breakdown you see most of the retirements take place before much after half way, there are very few retirements in the latter part of the trial.

We have all seen the effect on entries of making trials ever harder at WTC and BTC level and I would not like to see that happen at the Scott.

The SSDT continues to get full entries but I have heard comments from quite good riders that its not the fun it used to be having been toughened up to challenge the top riders, too many days spent just getting 5s and 3s.

All I am suggesting is that very careful thought should be given to the possible negative consequences of year on year toughening the event to challenge the top riders. I have also noticed an increase in the number of riders turning out of Scott sections rather than fully completing them, a less than ideal situation.

No experience of the Scott sadly never ridden it, but have done a lot of SSDT's and been through the tough years with depleted entries and the trial too hard the WD changed things and it has become over subscribed until................

I believe the SSDT it is killing the club men again harder sections creeping in, too many double subbers and timings getting tight on days, Tuesday I believe was a joke?

Not oversubscribed in 2015 doubt it will be in 2016 so things will have to change??

This is about the Scott, but just thought I would put my two pen bath in

Don't think it's the Trials getting harder .

The problem is most riders are too old now.

I vaguely remember riding the Scott about 82 and pretty sure the over 40s award was unclaimed.

Can't see the Scott being that hard that a fit clubman riding with his head couldn't get round..

As for the Scottish certainly felt harder this year than when i rode it back in the day but the sections were very fair with only a few no nos all week.

Might go back next year if I'm spared.

• Like 1

Everyone has their own aims for the scott, whether its to reach a certain petrol stop, complete the course, get back in on time, to better last years effort or even to win it. My personal aim is to ride as fsst as i can for as long as i can and get another spoon, (need to get a few more to beat the old fellah)!

• Like 1

Everyone has their own aims for the scott, whether its to reach a certain petrol stop, complete the course, get back in on time, to better last years effort or even to win it. My personal aim is to ride as fsst as i can for as long as i can and get another spoon, (need to get a few more to beat the old fellah)!

Way too go, you put in an awesome ride last year, on the 4RT

Credit to you & good luck for 2 weeks time