Cota 4Rt 2016

woody1

I'm trying to find out if M Sport are still trading as phone number just rings out, I'm trying to re map my bike to a softer setting as it feels like an on off switch right now, any advice on this or M sport would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for that Andy, will have to see who else does mapping, any advice out there on softening the cota off would be appropriated, i.e. Flywheel weight, gearing...

The engine braking is what I find difficult to get used to from a beta 2t, I had a go on my friends Cota 2015 and it was nothing like as strong so assumed wrongly that this new bike would be like that, he was the one that mentioned M Sport , they mapped is soft.

Cheers

I don't believe the 2016 can be remapped as std but will need a PTB fitting. I think the 2016 have a 2 map switch though. If bike is second hand this may of been linked out.

A larger front pipe (s3 or similar) softens off the bottom end.  You can also get a smaller end pipe (part of the road version) which takes a bit of the edge off. 

Had bike 2 days, not sure on rpm but it doesnt stall easily and starts very easy.

Think its just that i tried my mates that is super soft and wanted similar, will see how i get on because a new PTB sounds big money and ive spent 4k on this bike already.

Cheers guys

• Like 1

Try Mickey Oats Honda Dealership.Ask for Gorden ,a good guy to deal with.They are up in Glasgow.Give them a gooogle.  PS i have a 2016 4rt and you will get use to it but, i find first gear is best in sections where as two strokes tend to use second.

Edited by rich fish

Hi Jonny, just done some back of fag packet maths and 10/44 is very close to 9/41, think I would need a bigger chain for 10/44, although the 9 cog must be harsh on the chain.

Anyway I'm going to give Mickey Oats a call for advice and get out on it more, mint day in the northwest today so off for some unmixed fuel ?

One thing I will say from my initial experience of this bike, it knocks socks of my previous GG and Beta bikes for build quality.

• Like 2

Hi Jonny, just done some back of fag packet maths and 10/44 is very close to 9/41, think I would need a bigger chain for 10/44, although the 9 cog must be harsh on the chain.

Anyway I'm going to give Mickey Oats a call for advice and get out on it more, mint day in the northwest today so off for some unmixed fuel ?

One thing I will say from my initial experience of this bike, it knocks socks of my previous GG and Beta bikes for build quality.

I had 9/42 on previously and prefer 10/44 as the chain run seems smoother too, less snatchy

10/41 on when new was too fast for me