johnnyboxer

Trials Bike Evolution - Where Next?

81 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, trapezeartist said:

Try http://www.gasgasmotos.es/en/manuals.html

The manuals I've looked at there have the service intervals near the front and the torque settings near the back.

I suspect your Gasser is a bit newer than my '04 then ;)  I have both the original paper manual and the download (there's a couple of differences IIRC) and it's really not all that helpful

I've survived with my Italian manuals for my Fantic ! and they are 34 + years old !!!!

And guys if they can build a bike out of it and use it in the battery , ! light weight electric bike !!!!!!

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, guys said:

Thanks  yet again,  electric bikes are looking like they may have some decent range available in the future,if they can produce this cheaply and it will actually behave as they say it will.

Edited by oni nou
1 person likes this

If an electric bike came with a second set of quick change batteries that could be quickly recharged while I was on my next circuit that would be ideal. Having participating in radio control electric flying I know the rules about charging to know that this is not an easy engineering problem to solve for... stuff about power, heat, amperage, and battery life. The things is, I have a place to ride but neighbors who don't appreciate even the lovely noise of a trials motorbike. They'd not even know I was riding a bike if it were electric, and would have no more complaint if they did see me than if I was riding a bicycle. And trials clubs wouldn't have any noise complaints either. 

On 1/8/2017 at 9:08 PM, heffergm said:

Wow. Where are the front down tubes on that thing?!? I'd be afraid of smashing the cylinder on something.

Some of the Cubs that he builds don't even have those thin engine stabilizer bars.

Here is a link for anyone that is interested:

http://www.bsaotter.com/the_mini_otter_project..html