Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

2stroke4stroke

New rules

11 posts in this topic

I don't pay too much attention to the detail of WTC rules so it may not be a change after all but, if it is indeed the case as per the announcement on the front page, then I wonder how the requirement for Trial 2 that effectively bars Montesa from the class went down at HQ in Barcelona.  

Or will they unveil the occasionally rumoured two stroke? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

I believe Trial 2 is for 2 strokes up to 250cc & 4 strokes up to 300cc.

Edited by neils on wheels
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wondered if the full story had not been stated.  The announcement is certainly badly worded if that is the case.

Edited by 2stroke4stroke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 2stroke4stroke said:

I wondered if the full story had not been stated.  The announcement is certainly badly worded if that is the case.

There was a previous story that said "(FIM Trial2 World Championship) for machines up to 250cc 2T / up to 300cc 4T - all days counting towards overall championship - limited to 35 maximum riders. "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 2stroke4stroke said:

I don't pay too much attention to the detail of WTC rules so it may not be a change after all but, if it is indeed the case as per the announcement on the front page, then I wonder how the requirement for Trial 2 that effectively bars Montesa from the class went down at HQ in Barcelona.  

Or will they unveil the occasionally rumoured two stroke? 

there is no 2 stroke. Only the 315.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, nigel dabster said:

there is no 2 stroke. Only the 315.

Yet.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The apparent anomaly in the rules is that a 14 year old female can ride in the Trial 2 or GP class and hence ride a 250 or larger bike. In the equivalent male classes the rider must be 16 or older.

Consequently a 14 or 15 year old boy will be on a 125, whilst a 14 or 15 year old girl could be competing on a 300.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the idea of no age limit in trial 2 , it would be nice to see some of the older guys come back in and have a go , and guys like wiggy sam haslam Jack Sheppard etc, all still very capable riders 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hgas said:

I like the idea of no age limit in trial 2 , it would be nice to see some of the older guys come back in and have a go , and guys like wiggy sam haslam Jack Sheppard etc, all still very capable riders 

Why having won that class when it was very competitive would anyone want to come and try again?

Most of the riders you mention have proper jobs now as trials wouldnt pay then, and certainly wont now.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/04/2017 at 8:03 AM, johnnyboxer said:

Yet.....

not for a very long time......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

 

Most of the riders you mention have proper jobs now as trials wouldnt pay then, and certainly wont now.....

 

We all have proper jobs, it's called fun.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now