Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
evo boy

2018 Jotagas????

14 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if there's any plans for a 2018 Jotagas.

1 person likes this

Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

ask Richard Allen he will know 

Posted (edited)

Haven trialsport....  Vince the UK importer.....I should imagine he would have some idea about what Jotagas were upto........or is full factory kev the new importer.

Edited by oni nou

Factory kev???Is that a rumour ??the 2017 jotagas haven't been out that long they where released in May, seem to be very much an Italian brand now , they released a standard and a factory version , unfortunately they just don't seem to publicise things very well

There is a 2018 and it looks the part.  There are changes and improvements over the 2017.  IMO the JotaGas standard model for 2017 works as well as the factory models from other manufacturers, although I did spring for the extras on my '16. 

Well at long last their website is back on-line. Nice pics of the 2017 bike.

On ‎20‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 5:15 AM, derek t said:

There is a 2018 and it looks the part.  There are changes and improvements over the 2017.  IMO the JotaGas standard model for 2017 works as well as the factory models from other manufacturers, although I did spring for the extras on my '16. 

Did you have a private viewing or is it possible to see pictures on a webpage.

I don't believe there are any public pictures yet.  I was able to see it at the beginning of June, while at the factory.  I would say that particular 2018 prototype was a day away from fully functional.  I tested the 2017 and one prototype, non trials model.  Pictures were not discouraged, but I swore nothing would end up on the web, before the factory released theirs.

So what shape is the factory in now after all the bankruptcy stuff? is it still in gerona? Is it still owned by josep pibernat , it's a strange situation really it's as if it's a secret company with very limited publicity,if the bikes really that good why have they not got a rider on one in the world championship 

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, hgas said:

So what shape is the factory in now after all the bankruptcy stuff? is it still in gerona? Is it still owned by josep pibernat , it's a strange situation really it's as if it's a secret company with very limited publicity,if the bikes really that good why have they not got a rider on one in the world championship 

Still located in Girona.From what I read in Spanish trials Moto magazines Pibernat is not interested in expanding and funding a team to travel round the World...this being the reason Tarres and Arano left to form TRS ;both having greater ambitions,

I read somewhere that the previous incarnation of the GasGas factory when Pibernat was still on the board was spending close to 700,000 EUROS per season on its World championship teams....perhaps his first hand experience has something to do with his lack of interest and  the fact that he is an Enduro enthusiast not a trials aficionado

2017 Jotagas projected  production figures for worldwide sales are around 1000 units,if you put those against other manufacturers that have outputs closer to 3000 trials units per year then its possible to see that Pibernat likes his operation to be more of a cottage industry just ticking over.Abit of a business mans hobby in his retirement.

Edited by oni nou
1 person likes this

I get that he doesn't want to fund a factory team that makes sense, but saying there projected sales figures are 1000 a year is all well and good but how are they going to get anywhere near that if they don't advertise or promote the brand,hope to see something soon and good luck to them

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, hgas said:

I get that he doesn't want to fund a factory team that makes sense, but saying there projected sales figures are 1000 a year is all well and good but how are they going to get anywhere near that if they don't advertise or promote the brand,hope to see something soon and good luck to them

Perhaps he thinks that if he promotes the brand too much that he will not be able to keep up with demand ...which was the problem Steve Saunders had from what I read when he was importer..........They probably can get by on word of mouth and interest from riders at events with owners doing all the promotional work for free when they are sat waiting to ride the section at a competition........As has been mentioned a while ago; Pibernat with his business partner Casas started from scratch and ran GasGas Motos for years.....,he has vast experience in producing and selling off-road bikes....he is not an idiot.

GasGas went to the wall [soon after Pibernat sold his shares and left the company] because the day to day decisions were being influenced by the banks that owned most of the shares and did not understand the trials and enduro market

Edited by oni nou

I'm a fan and if I was ever to change I'd have one just because they ride well and they're different , it would be nice to see a few more around, you sound like a man in the know, any idea when the 2018 bike will be released or any pics details etc?

Just now, hgas said:

I'm a fan and if I was ever to change I'd have one just because they ride well and they're different , it would be nice to see a few more around, you sound like a man in the know, any idea when the 2018 bike will be released or any pics details etc?

www.thehellteam.com has some information listed for the 2018 model try there.