Sanz Has Big Impact On Us Pro Class

mich lin

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Laia Sanz said, "I suffered the excessive strictness of some zone judges."

Cry me a river Laia. You were treating the observers so rude, you were lucky you weren't disqualified. You got treated like every other rider, no more, no less. Your act doesn't play in the United States anymore.

"Groucy or not, Sanz rode well and showed a lot of US brand name pro riders the way around the course."

So, why is it such a big deal. She's a good rider who gets to practice more than our pros. I guess its not such a big deal that Oliveras, Gibert, and Brown destroyed the compeition on Saturday.

Junior Saturday results:

1. Daniel Oliveras - 31

2. Daniel Gibert - 34

3. Michael Brown - 38

4. Nicolas Gontard - 74

5. Francesco Iolitta - 91

6. Cody Webb - 92

7. Marc Soulas - 122

8. Laia Sanz - 124

9. Richard Ely - 145

Laia Sanz said,  "I suffered the excessive strictness of some zone judges."

Cry me a river Laia. You were treating the observers so rude, you were lucky you weren't disqualified.  You got treated like every other rider, no more, no less. Your act doesn't play in the United States anymore.

That's a fine statement coming from you!!

I wouldn't let you in the gate, never mind give you a press bib.

I'm not going to criticise Laia's riding either - she's undoubtedly an inspiration to female trials riders all over the world (not to mention more than a few guys :) ) but she really needs to work on that temper 'cos it ain't doing her any favours. At Hawkstone last year I witnessed an amazing Sanz meltdown where she really laid into one of the observers with a stream of screamed Spanish obscenities that made several Spanish-speakers nearby go white. Behaviour like this does not provide a good example to younger riders, especially when on the world stage. There is NO excuse. PERIOD.

Melt down or not, I feel that Laia is perhaps the greatest lady trials rider of all time. She's fantastic and is under a huge amount of pressure! It's VERY clear no other lady is even close right now. Surely you all agree after seeing her dipatch most of the US pro class.

Why is she so uptight? Simple, she has hit one of those horrible sticking points in her riding level, like we all hit. You know, where you train and train and get no better! I'm sure you can all relate to that frustration. It's madding at any riding level!

I'm one of her biggest fans, meltdown or not! Looking at her riding pictures, I can see the frustration and fear on her face. The facts are the closer to the top you get the tougher it is to improve and close the gap on the competiton.

We must also remember that Cabby stole her long time minder, which leaves her with someone new at the worst possible time in her career. If I was her coach, which I'am not, I'd work on her mental conditioning. Set new attainable goals and bring some fun back into her riding.

Of course there are some other things that would help her but I'm not going to take the time to get that involved in training concepts right now. Let me just close in saying, she's a great lady and a wonderful rider.

Hey, I also don't fault her for being able to train! Where there is a will there is always a way. Don't try that excuse on me, an old soldier! It won't fly with me.

Results, not excuses!

I'm not going to criticise Laia's riding either - she's undoubtedly an inspiration to female trials riders all over the world (not to mention more than a few guys  :) ) but she really needs to work on that temper 'cos it ain't doing her any favours. At Hawkstone last year I witnessed an amazing Sanz meltdown where she really laid into one of the observers with a stream of screamed Spanish obscenities that made several Spanish-speakers nearby go white. Behaviour like this does not provide a good example to younger riders, especially when on the world stage. There is NO excuse. PERIOD.

Laia, was correctly yellow carded in the US, was she carded at Hawkstone ? the yellow card is for this reason and used correctly, will stop riders argueing.

My dig is at the pot calling the kettle black.

Let's not forget that in the US Pro class we have one of the worse whiners in the history of the sport - which I feel will eventually have an adverse effect on his future ability to get any company to support him. Most observers cringe at the thought of him riding their section because of his constant requests for re-rides and arguments over any points awarded him in the section. :)

Edited by barcota

I was at # 15 on day 1 and witnessed ( One of ) ' Incidents ' .

She had a H*ll of ride , but apparently the crowd ( including me ) missed the the roll back . There was some confusion , but fur wuz a flyin' and the minder got into the act to boot .

Just before the awards , I observed a heart to heart talk with her / FIM Officials and the orgainizer.

All I can , is on Sunday , she might could of talked a Tennesee Highway Patrolman out of a parking ticket .

But I tell ya' what . There wasn't anyone there that didn't want to see her kick butt , but I hand my hat to the Observers for stickin' to their guns .

I have to say I was happy to see Laia to compete against our best. I also have to admit that I have been wrong for a long time. I have always said that our best riders ride like girls but i guess I was wrong. Majority of them don't ride even like a girl. :D Anyway I would like to thank TTC for hosting a great event. Hope to see it happen again next year. :)

I thought that the whole ordeal with bad sportsmanship was great! Americans love reality TV and this was a very dramatic moment with her.

The episode at section 2 which was TI's was so heavy and intertaining. She roost Cal and he turns to the crowd and smoothly pulls the yellow card with a grin and the crowd cheered!

I think Trials could realy catch on in are soap opra nation!

Any numbers on attendance?