04 Gasgas

bigfoot

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I only have an 02 Pro, ( and have had no problems despite most of the horror stories I hear) I could not believe the difference between my 01 TXT and the Pro! With the new suspension improvements and all the refinements, I can't imagine it getting much better! ( Yes, I've been saying that since my first Yam Mono). Seriously, if you already have a GG, you'll love the Pro. It will take some getting used to the light weight though. But, once you get used to it, you won't believe the difference!

Cheers, Steve

Bigfoot just got a 04 pro 200 and like Steve can't believe how good it is, had a go on my old 250 2000 txt the other weekend and it felt like a PRE65. ;)

JTT

I think Mac's post should have had a coma after 'Bigfoot' and/or an I added before 'just'.

He's refering to his own bike. I'm still thinking about it and trying to choose between a GG & Beta.

Was at a trial a fortnight ago and there was a couple of 2004 300pro's there and when they were ticking over with clutch lever out they rattled like hell, with the lever pulled in it stopped. They are apparently supposed to do this ! It put me right off even having a go on one in case anything broke. Also heard about a top rider doing a demo recently on a 2004 280pro and after 20mins the gearbox exploded, comes as no surprise really !

Was at a trial a fortnight ago and there was a couple of 2004 300pro's there and when they were ticking over with clutch lever out they rattled like hell, with the lever pulled in it stopped. They are apparently supposed to do this ! It put me right off even having a go on one in case anything broke. Also heard about a top rider doing a demo recently on a 2004 280pro and after 20mins the gearbox exploded, comes as no surprise really !

A gearbox explosion!!....WOW, never seen that before. Was anyone killed ;)

If get the opportunity to see the clutch design, you'll understand the rattle sound and why it stops with the lever it (really quite a neat design in fact). It's nothing to worry about and is more than mechanically sound.

Some clutches rattle more than others, certainly my 03 is noisier than my 02 was. It's nothing what so ever to worry about.

As for gearbox explosions I think your as likely to believe this second hand B*****ks as I am.

We have been using a 2002 model 200 Pro for 18 months and within 3 months of it arriving the gearbox jammed but was quickly repaired under warranty by Gas Gas UK, apparently it was fault which was remedied on the later 02 bikes and onwards. Yes the clutch rattles and has done since day one but works perfectly well. The bike has been superb and we have had no other problems. The only criticism I have is that the air filter needs more attention than other bikes I have owned. You need to tape around the rear mudguard and make sure you clean it out regularly. We also possess an 03 250 Pro and an 03 280 Pro both bikes have been faultless.

The spares (and advice) back-up from Gas Gas UK is first class.

Buy one, you won't regret it.

Eiger.

Wouldnt touch a pro with a barge pole personally, too many have broke down in my area, but each to there own. Most people where i live say Gas Gas UK dont want to know when something goes wrong with them, so who do you believe ? I'll stick with my trusty Scorpa thanks.

I live at the same area dave blowers does and apart from a couple of 02 models going wrong the other people in the area are delighted with their pros,and a lot of others are changing to them. P.S david are you getting a back hander of wreny for trying to promote scorpas and slag other makes off. (stick to rugby) ;)