Trials Transport

gii

maybe this is a dumb solution because I don't know the conditions over there for parking, insurance, storage, etc, but why not get a small enclosed trailer?

I love it. All the tools and gear stays in side, out of the rain & snow. Can leave it safely locked up in hotels or at events, keep the bikes in there as storage at home, and pull it with your small car or 4x4 or whatever you have.

I have a larger trailer because of kids needs. my 5x10 ft enclosed hauls 4 bikes intact, or 5 with some disassembly of front wheels. Pulls well with my minivan. Easy to drive with stock mirrors, easy to back up and turn.

Trailers might not be an option for you, but I love it.

k

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife informed me last night she needs the Trials Truck for easter so I will have to make other arrangements. I checked out our Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series and with the front wheels off the bikes they will fit in the back. It's either this or tow the trailer.

The picture below is a Holden Cross 8. AWD V8 ute with optional tray lid. One of these wouldn't be bad but are a bit short in the tray so you would have to go with the tailgate down.

post-2-1078113313.jpg

I can just imagine the scene over breakfast as you break the news to your better half ' I've just bought a Hummer with an Ivor Williams trailer!' Maybe a van isn't such a bad idea after all ( I got mine on and off the field at Rookhope, albeit the backside was twitching a little as it went down the hill sideways!)

what you all need is a vauxhall nova, put the back seats down, take rear fender off, rear wheel out and it fits in. plenty of room for kit and girlfriend. Doesn't do the car any good tho.

Perhaps a Mercs Vito would be ideal.

Put front wheel in't boot (trunk) strap bars secure, remove chain and away thi goes, Is it a trailer or a 5th wheel?

:-)

I remember doing a Hull trial right under the Humber bridge about 25 years ago, and someone turned up like that.

They took the front wheel off a TY175 and then the spindle went through a bar on the back of the car - no straps.

Not much of a back tyre either though.

I could imagine doing that with a Gasser and it would clunk in to gear on the motorway. You'd have half a back wheel by the time you get there.

One of the Dads at Yeadon Guiseley's Small Wheels has just moved from a Sherco 50 to a Beta Rev 80.The Sheco went in his Peugeot 309's boot but the new Rev has to go in front wheel between the front seats back seat down and strapped in usinf the seat beat anchors (I think). Given the hatch is open its a bit of a chilly ride!