Acu Intermediate!

mark christopher

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See below for how the rating system works in the Yorkshire Centre.

ADULT TRIALS GRADINGS

An Expert - is one who has finished three times in the first 15% (with a maximum of 15 to count) of the finishers in Yorkshire Centre or Group Trials during the Three Calendar Years prior to each A.G.M. or who is an Acknowledged Expert

An Intermediate is one who has finished three times in the first 30% (with a maximum of 30 to count) of finishers in Yorkshire Centre or Group Trials during the Two Calendar Years ending prior to each A.G.M.

A Novice is one who has not yet qualified as an Intermediate or who has been an Intermediate without maintaining that standard during the Four Calendar years prior to each A.G.M.

I had 16 years off and decided to ride 3 trials as a novice, and 3 trials as an Inter, and some tit still complained about that, so I asked to be marked as out of class to save any hassle.

I wouldn't have won the Inters anyway.

Amazing how competitive some people can get. As he was so gobby I thought he possibly knew what he was talking about - apparently not.

I was wondering what would happen if I got to near 40 and could no longer handle the experts.

Even as I hit 40 it's going to be a middle age crisis whether to give in to safety and move to over 40's. ;)

Is there an active over-40's championship in UK?

I was wondering what would happen if I got to near 40 and could no longer handle the experts.

Even as I hit 40 it's going to be a middle age crisis whether to give in to safety and move to over 40's.

Well ask Perce , he is a man in this pot...ahhem ... position ;)

Say B*****ks to , em . Ride what you want , and if any one moans , just give em yer little plastic trophy at the end of the year . Who cares?? Its only a bit of fun at the end of the day , the ones who usually complain are in no position to win f**k all anyway!!

Mark

Not sure whether you were asking Dabster or me, I think the former, but ayway I'm snookered for your TC trial. We have our own 40 section mountain trial on the same day. Spend a week marking it out I can't miss it.

Was a bit gutted - I do enjoy the odd half pint of shandy (sometimes two).

Next year.....

I'm snookered for your TC trial. We have our own 40 section mountain trial on the same day. Spend a week marking it out I can't miss it.

Was a bit gutted - I do enjoy the odd half pint of shandy (sometimes two).

Next year.....

Shame, but this site is here to stay and there will, most definitely, be a next year.

At least the upgrading rules in ACU centres make sense, you should have a look at the SACU "system" sometime!. I haven't checked but I think it's somewhere in the SACU rules on Lochabers site.

Apparently you get upgraded if you win a certain number of awards, but there seems to be no obligation for any club to offer any awards at any trial, i.e. there is no logical standardised upgrading system laid down by the governing body?.

I heard that someone did a lot of research into ACU/SACU grading systems last year and made what he thought were sensible suggestions to the SACU trials committee to simplify and make things clearer but was basically told to p*** off (surprise,surprise).

Incidentally Mark Christopher, "speaking to someone" is no substitute for digging out your Centre Handbook and checking out the rules for yourself. If it's still unclear contact your ACU Centre sec for a ruling.

6. ADULT TRIALS GRADINGS

A An Expert - is one who has finished three times in the first 15% (with a maximum of 15 to count) of the finishers in Yorkshire Centre or Group Trials during the Three Calendar Years prior to each A.G.M. or who is an Acknowledged Expert

An Intermediate is one who has finished three times in the first 30% (with a maximum of 30 to count) of finishers in Yorkshire Centre or Group Trials during the Two Calendar Years ending prior to each A.G.M.

A Novice is one who has not yet qualified as an Intermediate or who has been an Intermediate without maintaining that standard during the Four Calendar years prior to each A.G.M.

B Yorkshire Centre Gradings will apply to all rider resident within the Boundary of the Centre (there is NO Optional Zone). Other riders will be classified in accord with their Resident Centre Rules unless Graded Higher by the Rules of the Yorkshire Centre, in which case they will be listed.

C Any rider graded as Intermediate or Expert (by this or any other Centre) shall not be eligible to compete in the `Clubman` class in up to Centre Status events run in this Centre. Any rider OVER the age of 45 irrespective of grading may elect to ride the CLUBMAN class.

Copied & pasted from the Yorkshire Centre handbook, I think Mark may be refering to item C.

There's quite a few Yorkshire Centre Intermediates doing the Clubman route these days in Centre events but the reasons for this are a completely different debate.

Edited by PERCE

The Yorkshire centre grading rules appear to be very straightforward compared to the SACU ones, at least the lads (and lasses) know what they are aiming at in each Centre or Group trial they ride. As far as I am led to believe the SACU grading system depends entirely on what, if any, awards are offered by the organising club, so that the potential for being upgraded in Scotland seems to be at the whim of event secretaries(?), rather than by the Trials Committee issuing a simple standardised rule to be followed by every club, like the Yorkshire centre do.

I'm sure I'll be corrected on this, I didn't realise I was such a numbskull 'till I started posting on TC !!.

spoke to an East mids official ans its our region and once you become an intermediate you can not drop down, but club permitting you can ride any route!

once you are over 40 you can then do that!

reason for doing it is to stop an inter riding as over 40 for 2 years dropping to novice and then cleaning up!

I had 16 years off and decided to ride 3 trials as a novice, and 3 trials as an Inter, and some tit still complained about that, so I asked to be marked as out of class to save any hassle.

I wouldn't have won the Inters anyway.

Amazing how competitive some people can get. As he was so gobby I thought he possibly knew what he was talking about - apparently not.

Even as I hit 40 it's going to be a middle age crisis whether to give in to safety and move to over 40's. ;)

Is there an active over-40's championship in UK?

After my long layoff (9 years) I come back riding the 'inter; route but this was too hard for me, I wasn't enjoying my riding so I'm now riding the 'Yellow route' which is a toss up between the hard and the easy.

This route is spot on ;) , It wouldn't bother me in thre least if some narrow minded tosser started to moan (if I ever won any of them ;) )

after all as marky boy says...it's only a bit of fun :P

I'll be 40 in June so I look forward to that 'safe haven'....Bikespace, I thought you were nearer 50!! :lol::lol:

Bikespace, I thought you were nearer 50!! :lol:  :lol:

You a very funny guy. I kill you last ;)

I'm not bald, I shave it so I look distinguished.....honest

;)

By the way - Breidden Hills asked me if I could send a report in to TMX last night for Sunday, think I'll send a correction now, I seem to remember not slagging you off enough ;)

Results are on our web site www.trialspace.co.uk as Breidden hills don't have one yet.

I've added a link from our results page for "other clubs".

Apologies for the quality of the results - not my doing, they came as a dodgy PDF.