Rossi

scorpa3

I hope not. I've no doubt of his ability (although we've finally seen this year that he CAN'T win on a crap bike as those bloody commentators keep saying as he's been nowhere at times this year when it isn't working) but I don't care much for his win at all costs barge 'em off the track attitude. Too much like Schumacher and also like Schumacher seems to be allowed a different set of rules from everyone else. I also don't find much amusement in his post race antics when he wins (some of which are disrespectful to other riders - what happened to dignified behaviour in victory) And that performance with a chair on the rostrum - ???

Come on Hayden or Pedrosa - or Melandri even - who deserves it on that one-handed slide out of the last corner alone - absolutely incredible confidence to do that then. If he'd binned it he'd have probably been sacked on the spot where he lay in the gravel - or the ambulance...

I see no differane in a one handed slide to any other type of celebration. As far as I can see it Rossi had the attitude problem with Gibernau. Since then he's shown himself, IMHO, to be a much more rounded rider. I could understand why Rossi had no respect for Gibernau, he got where he did with money. Where's Gibernau now then? His cash has not got him wins lately.

Rossi has shown great respect to many of the riders out there, in particular Melandri and Capirossi over the last couple of years and I feel it would be well earned and justified if he could win the Championship.

Edited by boofont

In my opinion, the sport is a better place for the likes of Rossi.

The post race antics generally endear him to the fans. He doesn't just go into a well rehearsed PR speech mentioning his sponsors. He admits when he has been beaten by a better man and doesn't blame 'anything other than himself' for not winning.

Unlike the equally talented Schmacher, I really do admire Rossi and I for one hope he takes the championship.

I hope Rossi wins because I just really admire his talent, although the best season was where he was rivalled by Sete I still find his, and the other guys, racing skills very entertaining.

Although i do agree, some of his stunts are very big headed and immature, I guess that's what you get with being young and extremely talented *cough* raga *cough*

I for one really hope Rossi wins it, he is at the moment, what makes GP most entertaining, he keeps me on the edge of my seat through all of the race, because i know, even if he does not win it, that he gives 2000% effort. not like some, when they are not in with a chance , they just give up and dont try like they would if they was near the front. Rossi fights for every point and never gives in. if he wins it, i belive he will have been the only person to win all the 990cc world chapionships before they move on to 800cc.

I really hope Pedrosa NEVER wins it, because off the track he looks a right miserable boring Tw*t, he has about as much carisma as a brown paper bag !! I don't see anything more special in him than say hayden for instance, they both have the same number of wins Haden has 1 more 2nd place than Pedrosa, and they are both equal on 3rd places, the only Statistic i see that Pedrosa has over Hayden, and that is Pole positions.. But you dont need to be on Pole to win. Being on Pole is one thing, Winning a race is another .

Come on Rossi.. Let em have it !!!

Edited by Dougie Pumpkin

I for one really hope Rossi wins it, he is at the moment, what makes GP most entertaining, he keeps me on the edge of my seat through all of the race, because i know, even if he does not win it, that he gives 2000% effort. not like some, when they are not in with a chance , they just give up and dont try like they would if they was near the front. Rossi fights for every point and never gives in. if he wins it, i belive he will have been the only person to win all the 990cc world chapionships before they move on to 800cc.

I really hope Pedrosa NEVER wins it, because off the track he looks a right miserable boring Tw*t, he has about as much carisma as a brown paper bag !! I don't see anything more special in him than say hayden for instance, they both have the same number of wins Haden has 1 more 2nd place than Pedrosa, and they are both equal on 3rd places, the only Statistic i see that Pedrosa has over Hayden, and that is Pole positions.. But you dont need to be on Pole to win. Being on Pole is one thing, Winning a race is another .

Come on Rossi.. Let em have it !!!

ooooh very harsh........... I agree! :wacko:

i think rossi will win, he has found some form in the last few races and the only reason he is not leading the championship is through bad luck, as for what woody said i have to diagree, rossi is the best thing that has happened to moto gp, the following and just him as a person, he's the most talented motorcycle racer of all time, and doesnt take it as serious as some of the others, even though he wants to win just as much, as for been disrespectful, i dont think he is, alot of the riders (mainly sete & and max) never really see eye to eye with rossi because of how he is, but he's enertaining, and bloody fast, good to see him getting pushed though, but everyone knows whos the best, valentino all the way.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to see Hayden win. Not because I'm anti Rossi but to add some spice. Sadly I don't think it's going to happen now.

Mind you, I'd like to have been a fly on the wall in the Repsol Honda camp on Sunday evening. Betchya it got a bit heated.