Ossa Info Needed

vaughan

Hi, I have a 1977 Ossa 350 trials bike I am about to restore, does anyone have a wokshop manual I could copy, I think my bike is pretty much original but im not sure about the BING carb, also any contacts for Seat re-covering and Tank repair (got a dent in it). any other info, useful web sites etc would also be appreciated.

Regards,

Vaughan.

Hi,

seat could be re-covered by this firm, ex trials riders 1st class job! :)

http://www.motorcycleseatworks.co.uk/home.html

Is it the one with the green tank?

Could be wrong about this but I think it should have a 26mm BING carb??

Hi 2rargone,

Thanks for the reply, yes it is a green one and if your right I have the right carb, I will check out the site for the seat.

Much appreciated,

Vaughan.

1977 350 - Green tank, black frame, big curly exhaust and long tailpipe, white mudguards. Should have a Bing as standard as all Ossas were using them by then, went back to Amals later on.

Check this site as it has links to all sorts of useful stuff such as parts suppliers, repro parts etc. Also has brochure photos and there should be one of your bike. They also have manuals to download I think - there may not be one specifically for your model but they are nearly all the same mechanically so the earlier MAR one should cover it if not. The site also enables you to date your bike through the frame/engine number - these should match, engine is pre-fixed M, frame with a B (could be the other way around - memory not what it was...)

Mats Nyberg's Ossa site

Also some pictures on this site of Ossas too and just happens to be one of a '77 350.

Canadian website with brochure pictures

best way to get a manual is try ebay (clymer) , as for seat covers dave renham bultaco uk has fantastic copys of the original i think they were all the same from 73-79, tanks are like hens teeth again your only hope will be ebay expect to pay

1977 350 - Green tank, black frame, big curly exhaust and long tailpipe, white mudguards. Should have a Bing as standard as all Ossas were using them by then, went back to Amals later on.

Check this site as it has links to all sorts of useful stuff such as parts suppliers, repro parts etc. Also has brochure photos and there should be one of your bike. They also have manuals to download I think - there may not be one specifically for your model but they are nearly all the same mechanically so the earlier MAR one should cover it if not. The site also enables you to date your bike through the frame/engine number - these should match, engine is pre-fixed M, frame with a B (could be the other way around - memory not what it was...)

Mats Nyberg's Ossa site

Also some pictures on this site of Ossas too and just happens to be one of a '77 350.

Canadian website with brochure pictures

Cheers, Woody, Picture is the bike I have and Mats site is spot on too, very friendly Guy, going to send me the Manual, Thanks a lot, Vaughan.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, as others have mentioned, the Mats Nyberg site has a manual for 5 speed models that is good for you. This manual will be a big help. Ossa engines are relatively simply with quite a few less parts than others. Parts needed van eb bought from a number of places, Ron Bors in the US Ossa world, Keith Lynas. Colmenero here in Spain..it depends what you need. Good gasket sets are availbale from here in spain and they can be found on ebay.

Parts diagrams can be downloaded from OSSA World. All bearings are standard and can be bought at any bearing place, seals the same thing. If you have any problems, let me know. Take care and send pics when it is done.