Wheel Bearings

hoodie2

need to order wheel bearings for the front and back of my 04 sy250 and want to do it online. What size bearings am I needing? Someone told me that they use different sizes from the other trials manufacturers and that the front and back are different. I want to have the new bearings ready to go before I knock out the old ones so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

I too just swapped my front wheel bearings, and was stung by the price of them, and apparently the front ones are rubbish anyway, and were put in there to reduce weight and not last!.

Also this could be a silly question so dont laugh, do i need to grease anywhere when fitting the bearings?

Thanks

and apparently the front ones are rubbish anyway, and were put in there to reduce weight and not last!.

Nitjay - Do you seriously think the Scorpa factory would purposely fit a bearing to not last, considering the quality of all the rest of the bikes components. Come on!

Oh yeah, but we saved 2 grams!

If you get the chance drop in and visit the Scorpa Factory, you'll then realise how far from the thruth that statement is.

Im sorry Ned but that was what i was told when i rang a Scorpa dealer.

What wheel bearings would you like? Dont tell me its the small ones, they are no good... etc

I wouldnt repeat something that i just made up? Why would i have a go at my own brand of motorcycle?

Edited by Nitjay - HRC

• 3 years later...

The bearings that some of the bikes come with are rubbish. My old GG was getting through bearings pretty quickly when replaced with the standard ones from the factory which I am guessing could be the same as on the Scorpa. The problem was soon solved when I put Koyo bearings in. Either these or SKF are the best. As mentioned above, take off the rubber seal carefully and pack with waterproof grease and you wont have anymore problems.

• 4 weeks later...

• 8 months later...

By the way, the bearing numbers that fit my 2005 SY250 are:

6004-2RS for the rear

6905-2RS for the front.

Pete

Sorry to bump an old post, but i take it that the bearings are the same as above in an 03 and 05 sy 250 R?