Terrible First Trial!

joandemma

Just done my first trial at Consett club in a quarry, entered in clubman as my mate was in that, but I fived nearly every section. Was really nervous throughout the whole event, big rock steps and vertical stuff was my downfall mainly - kept looping bike! Observer said I should have entered easy trial. For the last lap and a half I did, but this was a bit too easy. Really gotta practice steps and straight ups, cannot get out every week though and think you have to. :P

Just done my first trial at Consett club in a quarry, entered in clubman as my mate was in that, but I fived nearly every section. Was really nervous throughout the whole event, big rock steps and vertical stuff was my downfall mainly - kept looping bike! Observer said I should have entered easy trial. For the last lap and a half I did, but this was a bit too easy. Really gotta practice steps and straight ups, cannot get out every week though and think you have to. :P

Hi ,

I was at the Consett Trial at Rogerly Quarry too, just watching not riding, at least you had a go Consett trials Easy & Clubman, are not usually that difficult although the last few Clubman coarses have been reported to be more difficult.

If you live in the North East go along to Warden Law or Castleside Quarry where you can get some practice in, Good luck.

I think Castleside Quarry is now off limits - I'm sure I was told that the police showed up there recently and confiscated some bikes. Maybe someone else knows more, but I was told by a reliable source. Not really worth taking the risk.

I ride regular in the North East, and did the trial on Saturday (easy route). Saturday easy routes tend to be very easy, but a nice ride around if thats what you're after.

My advice, stick with it (my first trial I lost 144 on the easy route, it was won on 2 !!). Different clubs have different standards, but that's not a problem, for instance you'll find this weekends trial at Rookhope, the easy route will be significantly harder than last Saturday but nothing dangerous, just some tricky sections...A great venure this weekend coming, a great trial, and you can virtually guarantee Gordon will have the results on here Sunday night.

Stick with it, and enjoy it......

cheers

John.

Tiler, good shout about RY DVD, been riding a few years now and found the video one of the best for technique, has helped me alot lately. Sorted out a lot of bad habits I picked up over the years, difficult to teach an old dog new tricks but it is working

Did my first trial at 12 years old on a Sprite Sachs 150 at Eadonfields, wet muddy got cramp in my legs on the way home from all the legging. On one route so no options.

All this was over 30 years ago, so it shows how deep the mental scars go.

Good news still really enjoying riding trials 30 years later.

Its the only sport for me!!

Tiler, good shout about RY DVD, been riding a few years now and found the video one of the best for technique, has helped me alot lately. Sorted out a lot of bad habits I picked up over the years, difficult to teach an old dog new tricks but it is working

Do you know anywhere that sells it in the UK (not fleabay)?

You should have done the easy route for a first trial!!!!

and try and relax, just enjoy yourself.

if you have one really good ride on a section and mess the rest up you won't forget that good ride!

I came in the last 5 riders for at least my first 10 trials, but i got better eventually.

I remember an observer telling me after i just rode a section at a trial about 6 years ago "thats the best ride i've seen here all day"

It's nice to get a complement and you'll remember it forever