Alan Jeffries Trial

phb

over the last few years this famous trial has seen less and less riders entering why ?

is it down to it only having one route for experts and clubman ?

do you think it would see a better entry if there was 2 routes as a lot of people ive spoken to wont ride it as its too hard for the average clubmen rider on the single route course.

it would be very interesting for all to share there views on this

I would like to ride the jeffries, I went to watch it in my teens, watching the likes of rob shepherd on the honda was an experience that remains with me and is refreshed whenever I hear anything about the jeffries but unfortunately as an average clubman ( and well into my midlife crisis ) with one course it is just too difficult. p.s. have done the manx two day, east yorks two day, ilkley grand national all of which I have thoroughly enjoyed so not frightened of a bit of a physical test.

I dont know how many riders are entering the Alan Jeffries, but you only need to look at the Travers held two weeks ago ! Here we have a single route for clubmen and experts , the clubman generally say it is way to hard for them but they still have a full house entry of 120 riders.

the average entry for the last 2 years has been 70 riders which is very poor considering the history of this trial it does attract some of the best riders within the uk but not as many as it should do especially clubmen riders

One route for all, straight forward non trick sections which have been ridden , scrubbed & leveled so #1 has as much chance as #121. It's surprising how big you can make sections if you make them look inviting. It's not a wr but a fun day out for all, make it that way & they will come.

What do you call a clubman.

lakes 2 day first 15 to 20 riders are ether intermediate or experts in there

own clubs. on the clubmans route.

in the jefferys trial there are 6 or 8 hard sections the rest your average

clubman can clean or a dab or 3.

80 riders is kind to the enviroment.

I No as i was born & bread in Wharfedale + i mark out sections

& observe.

yours the man in the silly hat