Ossa 250 Mar Mk11 1976

scotty

I know this sounds wierd but ive got two ossa mars both same year mk11 250's the engine numbers are about 300 away from each other! standing from the rear of each bike looking straight down at them one has the engine offset by at least 1" to the left :lol: the other bike the engine is dead centre!

what the f**k's going on with this , anyone know???

Sounds like one or both of them has a bent (sideways) swingarm and/or the rear section of the frame is pushed sideways. This sort of damage happens during a heavy sideways flip type crash. I've straightened quite a few old trials bike frames with this sort of damage. To have a better look at where the bending has occurred you could remove the rear guard, exhaust, airbox, seat and fuel tank and sight the bare frame tubes (the front section of the frame sometimes gets twisted too).

cheers but still not sure about this? ive alo had a 1976 mk11 before and the engine was offset by about 1 1/2" to the left as veiwed from behind!

i thought this was normal on ossa's from the mid 70's until i got my lastest mk11 model and this has its engine dead centre! notghings bent as far as i know as ive completly rebuilt the offset m/c ground up (engine slotted in no prob's) :lol: NEED AN EXPERT ON OSSA'S TO HELP OUT ON THIS ONE?

Now dont laugh but i did once see an Ossa "modified" similar to the way you describe. The previous owner had done this as he had used a flat sprocket instead of the dished one that was fitted as std. Of course to fit a flat sprocket you should use a spacer but the dork had moved the engine over instead :lol:

Takes all sorts i suppose.

Probably not the case with yours as i am sure you would have checked that anyway. Be interestingto know the outcome anyway.

Would like a nice MAR myself. Used to like my old one. Happy memories.

sorry to carp on about this, but if someone had the skills to cut out the rear engine mounts and reweld/align etc, how could you modify the front down tubes (without it being obvious) surely anyone with the skills and time to do all of the above would have just made/cut a sprocket spacer like s.miller did instead?

the way i see it some engines were offset to the left some weren't ???

:lol:

• 1 year later...

r2w that is the bike of my childhood dreams but i like them with the chrome fenders. i had an ossa flyer pinned to my wall of that bike . didnt even know what trials was but thought that was the most beautiful bike i had ever seen. still do, and i will own one someday.cheers tim

r2w that is the bike of my childhood dreams but i like them with the chrome fenders. i had an ossa flyer pinned to my wall of that bike . didnt even know what trials was but thought that was the most beautiful bike i had ever seen. still do, and i will own one someday.cheers tim

One on evil bay presently Tim: Ossa 350