2007 New National Championship Class

ron

Attn : all 125 Riders 17 yrs or younger

A New National Championship Trials Class Has been Created For riders from 12- 17 years of age. Riding 125 cc bikes on the National Expert Line.. This was proposed by me to give our youth with European Aspirations a genuine attempt at a World Championship or at least World Championship Contention. My Hope for this class will be A stepping stone For a Youth Rider to Step up for a World Championship..Or World Championship Competition..

Edited by Ron

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame you didnt have legislation to force them all at that age to ride 125cc and then job done !

Some people just love to impose to impose thier will on others.

Im glad in the trials world in this case were still living in the land of the free kind of. Is there something wrong with kids riding for fun in a class with other kids with no plans for riding in Europe. A 125 might be the right choice for some kids most kids but we haave a divirse trials scene here in the U S. kids ride different and in remote areas sometimes they have to ride what the adults ride or sit out and watch. When forced to ride things a little over your head a little extra power isnt a bad idea or at least it is a safer idea.

What we have now if i understand it correctly is let anyone ride what they want but if your kid just riding for fun on full size but i dont want him beating my kid on a 125 and discouraging him. I think im ok with that. This will work well and definatly would if trials was all about the bike and not the rider. I kinda new at trials we will all find out in 5 or so years when everybody is back in the same class. Im saying natural talent, PRACTICE, and who is training them will be the reason for 99% of the success. Give the U.S. kid a event every week a vast number of good riders to work with him and a opertunity to practice with other kids and we would eat up the trials scene just like mx.

yes the High school and Junior classes still exist ... although all that truly understand the sport know a 125 until all techniques are perfected,is the best route.. For all youngsters.. So Homer can ride either class junior (support Line) or High school (es line). This proposal by no means ment to exclude anyone it was meant to help those with european dreams to have a fair chance at it .. There are those at the Council who believe this will have no effect on that dream ... C'mon Kids Prove them wrong I know in my heart this will help !!!!

Im not really thinking about homer at least not yet im pleased that the youth class was left alone. The way i understnd it the 125s will ride the expert line the high school class will ride expert support however those that have been currently riding the high school class on a 125 may elect to stay in the high school class rather than move up to the expert line.and in rethinking that might work. looking at the results last year the high school class was won by a 250 rider who will probly go to the expert class btw Tucker could be the most under rated rider in the US if hes only 13 he definatly looks like he could be a future national champ The mizell twins are on full size bikes also and those boys seem to work a little harder than the rest they are real good boys. I will say this the NATC that many gripe and complain about seem to have done a good job of satisfing everybody if it doesnt go any further than these current restrictions i would say fine. The most positive thing about this in a few years it should be perfectly clear as to how much difference if any riding a 125 makes. Question remains how many rode the expert line on a 125 last year and how many in this new class this year?

If you haven't ridden a 125 before, take the chance if it is offered to you. Spending only a short time on it, you realize how your technique needs to be just right for things to work well. You don't have the power to bail you out. It really makes you a better rider. Given a chance, I think this will be a great move for the up and coming group of kids.

Hopefully this 125 class will provide the avenue it was intended for and it will attract enough rider interist, as I do believe it would be in the best interist of the kids.

I spoke briefly with Bailey Tucker's dad in OK, wo stated that he was looking to move up to the expert line in the Nationals.

Question is, has the kid already been spoiled by riding a big bike? Is it too late at the grand old age of 14 to change?

Or would some prefer to just but heads with the likes of Ray and Travis as compared to riding with their peer age group and just comparing scores on the same lines.

We shall see. :thumbup: