Beta 4-stroke

kinell

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The engine in the Sherco 3.2 looks remarkably similar to the Sherco enduro bikes' engine but they have EFI. Seeing as they already had the fuel injection technology, I wonder why they went for a carb on the trials bike?

If I had the dosh available to buy a new bike right now (which I don't), I think I'd like to HEAR the 4T Beta "in the wild" before slapping down a wad of Melvins for one. Part of what I love about trials is the fact that you can sit in a queue at a section and have a conversation with the person next to you, even with your helmet on. And while the 4RT might be a fantastic bike (I wouldn't know, I've never ridden one), those bloody things are killing the art of gentlemanly section chat as the riders sit there blipping the throttle... BLAAAAAT!!! BLAAAAT!! Dunno about the SY250F or 3.2 'cos I've never come across one so far but the 4RT just annoys me, noise-wise.

Yep, it's trivial and petty but hey, that's me... :thumbup:

Dry weight is 1.2 kg more than the Mont, but why didnt they have separate eng/gearbox oils. The pressure system is WAY better than the splash, but I would rather not have the chance of clutch particles in the mix!

I don't know of any other bike with this separate eng/gearbox oils. A sale point for Beta the has been its weight. Sherco rattled on about weight and so did Montesa and Scorpa, so when will someone annouce there bike is sub 70kg!!! ...Gas Gas maybe? What's really interesting about the Beta is the various engine capacities available. This may be to soon to ask, but are Beta selling the bike as a 250cc with a 400cc conversion kit?...anyone know the answer

Edited by spud

Has anyone ridden the Sherco and Mont back to back and posted a review?

I rode the 2005 models of both on the same day. The review was published Dirt Bike magazine in America.

What exactly do you want to know?

How much better was the Sherco :):thumbup:

Has anyone ridden the Sherco and Mont back to back and posted a review?

I rode the 2005 models of both on the same day. The review was published Dirt Bike magazine in America.

What exactly do you want to know?

I seemed to have missed your review I think this might because i live in England and don't subcribe to Dirt Bike Mag. I'd be interested in summary of your results and highlighting the main differences between the bikes. If you have an opponion on which bike is best could you explain in detail why?

The reason why i'm asking is because there are no Sherco 320's where i ride and i'm wondering if this is because the bike is not as good as the 4rt, or some other reason?

Thanks,

Edited by spud

Spud, I have ridden the Sherco 3.2 since 05, and still riding it, I also rode a new repsol Mont in this years SSDT.

Sherco has been a pig to start for most who bought it, this problem has basically shut the bike down until they get the thing to start easy, not just so it can be started by the odd person, but totally idiot proof, I seem to be able to start them, even when they are hot and stall, but it is obvious many can't

Feel, grip, power weight, price, go to Sherco, it does have more of a fourstroke feel to it.

Quality, reliability, confidence to ride an event like the ssdt without wondering if it will make it goes to Mont.

I have had no mechanical problems with the Sherco, engine and all the running gear nothing has failed, but it does require little tweaks here and there before every ride, the Mont for the most part, throw her away hot and steaming, and you feel confident she will be ready to go next time you want her.

In the sections, I found the Mont got me up some big steps in the SSDT I have never got up before, but looking at my results I found I was loosing more marks in the nadgery stuff, to be fair I only had two weeks practice on the Mont before the event, I think the bike handles like the 315 on the front end, and I just can't get to grips with it like I can the Sherco, this is my personal preference on what I feel most comfortable on, and bet ten Mont riders would say the same thing about the sherco.

I like fourstrokes, and can't wait to have a ride on both the 250f Scorpa, and the new Beta, for me the bike I have the most fun riding and the least problems will be the fourstroke I end up with, the type of trial and sections we ride in this part of the world, and the fact I personally like the feel of the Sherco 3.2 better for me, that is what I'm sticking with at the moment, there are times when out pratting in the rev shed with the sherco that I feel like saying sod this and go buy a Mont, but then again I ride a trial, do well and all is forgiven and it's back in :thumbup: with the bike.

Plus there is two more offerings yet to try, and the fourstroke is just getting back into the game, I wouldn't knock any of the bikes two of four, Mont or Sherco, I will ride what I like best when all the offerings are in.

Spud, I have ridden the Sherco 3.2 since 05, and still riding it, I also rode a new repsol Mont in this years SSDT.

Sherco has been a pig to start for most who bought it, this problem has basically shut the bike down until they get the thing to start easy, not just so it can be started by the odd person, but totally idiot proof, I seem to be able to start them, even when they are hot and stall, but it is obvious many can't

Feel, grip, power weight, price, go to Sherco, it does have more of a fourstroke feel to it.

Quality, reliability, confidence to ride an event like the ssdt without wondering if it will make it goes to Mont.

I have had no mechanical problems with the Sherco, engine and all the running gear nothing has failed, but it does require little tweaks here and there before every ride, the Mont for the most part, throw her away hot and steaming, and you feel confident she will be ready to go next time you want her.

In the sections, I found the Mont got me up some big steps in the SSDT I have never got up before, but looking at my results I found I was loosing more marks in the nadgery stuff, to be fair I only had two weeks practice on the Mont before the event, I think the bike handles like the 315 on the front end, and I just can't get to grips with it like I can the Sherco, this is my personal preference on what I feel most comfortable on, and bet ten Mont riders would say the same thing about the sherco.

I like fourstrokes, and can't wait to have a ride on both the 250f Scorpa, and the new Beta, for me the bike I have the most fun riding and the least problems will be the fourstroke I end up with, the type of trial and sections we ride in this part of the world, and the fact I personally like the feel of the Sherco 3.2 better for me, that is what I'm sticking with at the moment, there are times when out pratting in the rev shed with the sherco that I feel like saying sod this and go buy a Mont, but then again I ride a trial, do well and all is forgiven and it's back in :thumbup: with the bike.

Plus there is two more offerings yet to try, and the fourstroke is just getting back into the game, I wouldn't knock any of the bikes two of four, Mont or Sherco, I will ride what I like best when all the offerings are in.

Thats a shame about the Sherco i've hardly any mechanical experience and can just about do the basics for my Gas Gas 2t. The Sherco has what i would say is the best sized engine and there are no reports of it being loud - what a shame it looks such a nice bike. I have owned the Mont but have given reasons for why i sold it.

O well its time to wait and see what the Scorpa and Beta are like

The Sherco isn't loud . Not sure why someone said that :wacko:

Its nice to see fourstrokes coming back coz they are so much fun :)

I still maintain that the best engine for a trials bike would be a rotary wan-kel engine :)

I think I may have said that wrong i wasn't saying the Sherco a loud bike, but my Mont was