Beta 4-stroke

kinell

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Launched yesterday at the Milan show, 8 pages of replies on TC about it, pics up on here for past 24 hours and still nothing on Lampkins or the Beta sites?????? good job we have TC or we may have missed it coming out

By all accounts it has been a bit of a Press disaster. I did contact John Lampkin to try and get pre-release pics under embargo as I've done with other manufacturers, but it wasn't happening. Not through his fault, but Beta as a company don't get the whole Press thing.

I used to deal with an Italian company, absolute disaster, rubbish web site and most of the pics were pinched from ours as UK distributor. Almost as if they did nt want to sell any products, late deliveries, wrong deliveries just seemed interested in making the stuff and not selling it.

This has to be the most exciting bike to come out since the 4RT and they have missed the boat in the first 24 hours, as you said another marketing disaster, the 07 Rev 3 2 stroke was just as bad, sure all the new pics were on here well before the dealers and Beta sites.

Too many companies still think of web sites as something they reluctantly have to have these days as every one has one, they are really important now and should be given time to be updated with news, new products etc or we go elsewhere

What I meant to do was this...pillock

$8800.00 US dollars! :D

As far as I am aware, there has been nothing official from Beta re pricing yet. In fact there's been nothing official from Beta period!

As an aside, apart from the massive number of views on the front page article that are still rocketing up, the Beta forum on Trials Central has been the most viewed of ALL the forums this month - including the General ones. That's never happened before that a bike forum on here has beaten any of the "General" ones.

centre of the Trials Universe...the TC Beta Forum :P:hl:

It's been worth waiting for it looks superb even Mrs Slapshot thinks it looks the doggies danglers..persuasion time :D

Edited by Slapshot 3

Spoke to Gary yesterday... and as Kinell says, they were all getting ready for the dirtbike show. The bike was basically going directly to the show so no chance for any additions or announcments.

It is not down to Gary, John or anybody else at Beta UK to make "announcements". It is down to the factory. End of.

Spoke to Gary yesterday... and as Kinell says, they were all getting ready for the dirtbike show. The bike was basically going directly to the show so no chance for any additions or announcments.

It is not down to Gary, John or anybody else at Beta UK to make "announcements". It is down to the factory. End of.

What's this virus marketing nonsense I heard about the other week, they are not using TC fro that are they??

The pictures of the bike certainly have got everyone buzzing to learn more, and I must say looking at the motor and bike overall, it does look a fair tool.

The rest is hearsay until she's out on the hill, if it rides as good as it looks, then she will sell, no doubt about it.

The Beta found good traction with the two stroke, this bugger should grip like big John to his wallet.

Am i right in thinking Bou has gone on to a Mont? He must have tried the beta and thought he had more chance on the Mont.

He wouldn't have moved just for the money would he?

So is the mont better engine wise.

Dougie moved for the money.

Am i right in thinking Bou has gone on to a Mont? He must have tried the beta and thought he had more chance on the Mont.

He wouldn't have moved just for the money would he?

So is the mont better engine wise.

Dougie moved for the money.

Impossible to say for sure didn't he try the rev 3 before he signed mont?

There is very lttle money in trials so bou would have tried the mont before signing for sure, but a 2t works beta worse than a 4rt? Doubt it.

As the trials market is so flat at the moment I doubt if this bike wil sell much at all, who will buy it?

The 4rt was slow to start with and its the 3rd year its been for sale now before there are any great numbers, so surely alot of the four stroke fans have bought already?

8 pages on here means jack s**t as far as sale of a new 4t, surely?

Edited by Nigel Dabster

I bet if you look at the sales figures for the two stroke

mont compared to the four stroke i bet they are not even

half, they should have run with both models. At least beta

have not put all there eggs in one basket,the two strokes

are where there bread and butter sales will be coming from

for some time yet i suspect.Cirtainly at the money there asking,

beta's are usually sensibly priced!

Nigel, this bike may be the bike which will create more sales for riders like me that have to date had no interest in 4 strokes before. This is the first time I have ever shown any interest in buying a banger and if the motor is relaible and does all the right things I am sure I will be buying one next year if available and can afford one.

This may also apply to many of the Mont riders who would prefer a lighter, less complicated 4 stroke,

I used to deal with an Italian company, absolute disaster, rubbish web site and most of the pics were pinched from ours as UK distributor. Almost as if they did nt want to sell any products, late deliveries, wrong deliveries just seemed interested in making the stuff and not selling it.

The nerd in me thinks that this is actually a good thing. Maybe Beta's total lack of fanfare and fuss means that all their attention and energy has gone into building a competitive, reliable bike that will sell based on reviews and reputation rather than flashy and expensive marketing. The theory that the actual product quality is inversely proportional to the amount of money spent on advertising. Quality sells itself etc.

This is hopelessly unrealistic and total rubbish in terms of sales volumes in today's global marketplace (and the current state of the UK trials market in particular) of course, but I still like the Italian attitude of "if you build it, they will come".