Beta 4-stroke

kinell

Too Late Barry...EVERYBODY in the trials world knows you now mate :D

When I got rid of the honda I din't think I'd fall in lust with a four banger again so quickly but I'll make an exception in the Beta's case

Edited by Slapshot 3

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they do look great i agree, but, i will only trade up to a four stroke when i am convinced it will better my riding and give better results or when the section plotters favour a four stroke. the difference between a two stroke and a four stroke is nearly a

We stood and looked at the Rev4t from a few inches for maybe half an hour this aftenoon. It looks so refined that you would believe it if Beta said it was in its third or fourth year of development.

I hate to admit it but the Beta by comparison makes the Scorpa4t look as if it was made in a school technology department.

Lets hope it rides as well as it looks.

Well done (so far ) Beta.

I like it.... lots!

We stood and looked at the Rev4t from a few inches for maybe half an hour this aftenoon. It looks so refined that you would believe it if Beta said it was in its third or fourth year of development.

I hate to admit it but the Beta by comparison makes the Scorpa4t look as if it was made in a school technology department.

Lets hope it rides as well as it looks.

Well done (so far ) Beta.

I like it.... lots!

To be fair, I think Beta two-strokes always looked more refined than Scorpa two-strokes.

How does the Rev-3 4t look compared to the Montesa 4RT?

It looks as if it's been in production for years.

Like a Rev3 was always going to have this engine.... right from the start.

No bodges or compramises at all that I could see. Just a well designed and well thought out trials bike.

It just looks...... right.

Just weighing up whether its worth buying.... add to the list if i've missed anything

Good Points:

1) sex on wheels

2) well thought out design

3) an engine designed and built for trials

4) excellent on rocks and in the dry (like all 4-strokes)

5) because of its weight it should be stable

6) reliable

7) Strong resale value

Perhaps not so good:

1) small but heavier than its rivals.

2) 250cc like its rivals (unlike the sherco) one model range, so would be nice to see a 125cc and 270cc.

3) carb might be a problem (fingers crossed)

4) costs more than any 2-stroke

5) is it any good in the mud

6) can level hills like a 2 stroke (my 4rt never did)

Just weighing up whether its worth buying.... add to the list if i've missed anything

Good Points:[/u]

1) sex on wheels personal opinion

2) well thought out design yes

3) an engine designed and built for trials yes but that is not ness be all

4) excellent on rocks and in the dry (like all 4-strokes) see no advantage over 2t here

5) because of its weight it should be stable lets all put lead on our bikes then?

6) reliable I've owned one for years? Lets hear it run before we use it before its reliablity is proved, think sherco?

7) Strong resale value Why? The 4rt had theis till we were dumped on by the importer! Second hand bikes, just try p/ex at your dealer, why would this be different?

Perhaps not so good:

1) small but heavier than its rivals. stable above?

2) 250cc like its rivals (unlike the sherco) one model range, so would be nice to see a 125cc and 270cc. dtto all manufacturers

3) carb might be a problem (fingers crossed) will not be as good as fuel injection

4) costs more than any 2-stroke

5) is it any good in the mud

6) can level hills like a 2 stroke (my 4rt never did)

You boys are giving the sherco 4T some stick but the problem isnt with the bike as it is now, it was with Sherco for releasing it before they had fully developed and tested.

I still maintain that after riding both the Scorpa & 4RT, the Sherco still has the best 4T engine for Trials. ..If it had EFI from the beginning, then maybe it would be the best 4T Trials engine of the modern era !

IMHO :D

One other thing, If you lot think 4T's are no good and 2T's are the best for trials etc, why has this thread been so popular? More than any other 2T thread. :D

Secretly, you all want a 4T as its just such a different experience over a 2T and much more fun. Especially the exhaust tone :hl:

You boys are giving the sherco 4T some stick but the problem isnt with the bike as it is now, it was with Sherco for releasing it before they had fully developed and tested.

Yes agreed but they have tried twice and failed twice :D

First one's the majority (Some were lucky) would not start Knack or no Knack.................then issued a updated kit for it, beleive this did not work either. Now rumour has it they are not making a 2007 4T?

I am not knocking the 4T a combination of bad development and a rush to release it in the market place was a big mistake. No doubt Sherco will be addressing this and maybe they will go the fuel injection route.

I have ridden the 4T and it is very nice, so not knocking it, motor is superb different altogether from the Mont 4RT, having ridden them both I prefer my Mont on the engine characteristics side.

It is good to see Beta get in the mix and hopefully it will be the biz, I have had many Beta's and is a fantastic bike, but none of them quality wise comes even close to the Montesa, not knocking the rest but the Honda input takes a lot of beating.

Yup, Sherco blew it and hell are they paying for it! :D

The 4RT is pretty established and doing very well. EFI has been vindicated :P

Beta getting into the fray makes it all the better as far as I can see but would have liked to see EFI . It makes all the difference. Peeps who say they have ridden a 4rt and didn't like it for various reasons could be that it wasn't set up for them. Plugging in a laptop and messing with settings is far easier than getting the spanners out and stripping everything. :hl: Also, it can save marriages by avoiding stripping the carb on the dining room table :D

EFI is the future and all 4T's should go that way IMHO :P