Beta 4-stroke

kinell

I was in a position early this year when i still owned both a 4rt and 4t sherco

I have riden fourstroke and two stroke bikes for over 30 years,i cant drive a car so i think i have the knack of starting most bikes.

I must dissagree with right click,there is no knack to starting the 4t sherco.if it decided not to go that was it period......

when it was going the motor was awesome loads of power all through the rev range,but you could not rely on it finishing a trial .

the mont just allways goes,not quite as well as the sherco perhaps but ALLWAYS GOES.

so if you actually want to trial with it buy the mont

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must dissagree with right click,there is no knack to starting the 4t sherco.if it decided not to go that was it period......

Of course you would dissagree!! you couldn't start it :wacko: I had other people who would agree with you as they stood red faced cursing the 3.2, but I could start thier bike also.

I have had four through my hand's as people tend to sell them cheap when they can't start them, I thought I must of been lucky and got one that started better than most, well seems I have had four that started better.

Over thirty trials on mine now, and the hardest it was ever to start was after a get off, it flooded the airbox with fuel.

I drilled a hole on the lowest part of the airbox, and inserted a valve stem with a clear tube on it, then a bit more valve stem on the other end of the tube so I could put a valve cap on the open end.

If she get's upside down or floods the airbox, I can see, and easily drain.

I drilled a hole on the lowest part of the airbox, and inserted a valve stem with a clear tube on it, then a bit more valve stem on the other end of the tube so I could put a valve cap on the open end.

Brilliant idea :)

Vinnie :wacko:

I took a couple of photo's of last years airbox mod, which are on here somewhere! Anbody any good at searching the TC forums?

:wacko:

I took a couple of photo's of last years airbox mod, which are on here somewhere! Anbody any good at searching the TC forums?

:wacko:

You're not good with this lost & found thing are you?

I have had four through my hand's as people tend to sell them cheap when they can't start them, I thought I must of been lucky and got one that started better than most, well seems I have had four that started better.

Over thirty trials on mine now, and the hardest it was ever to start was after a get off, it flooded the airbox with fuel.

So how cheap does a 3.2 go for these days?? I've only ever seen two in the flesh

Of course you would dissagree!! you couldn't start it :wacko: I had other people who would agree with you as they stood red faced cursing the 3.2, but I could start thier bike also.

I agree with rtclick on this one Dixie. I couldn't start mine when I first got it easily but then I learnt how to do it and got it started most times even when hot except when I dropped it then it was a bitch. Mainly due to flooding the airbox as rtclick said above.

Didn't do the drain mod but I can see why that would help.

Been nearly two weeks now since the 4 stroke has been launched to the public, just looked at the Beta web site and it has been updated with new pics and specs, not of the 4 stroke though but the new Motard 50???? they sure do know how to promote one of the most exciting bikes to come out in recent years??? well done Beta, nothing quite like keeping your customers informed and up to date with products.

Been nearly two weeks now since the 4 stroke has been launched to the public, just looked at the Beta web site and it has been updated with new pics and specs, not of the 4 stroke though but the new Motard 50???? they sure do know how to promote one of the most exciting bikes to come out in recent years??? well done Beta, nothing quite like keeping your customers informed and up to date with products.

I expressed my concerns to Beta over the release and they admit they totally underestimated interest. Personally, I think they're stunned at the interest there has been.

Bear in mind they're a small company of mostly technical (not marketing) people working on a low budget. Don't get me wrong - you are absoutely right and I was frustrated to hell last week I didn't have the info needed and said as much to them, but they're not Honda and don't have the press machine behind them.

Andy you and I know updating a web site with a few lines of specs and pics takes about 30 mins tops, not even a mention of the bike anywhere on the site even on the news section. Dont need any press machines to back them up on this one. Very poor as you say, its companies like this who moan the most when sales are down etc and wonder why.

As far as I know speaking as a big Beta fan I still have no idea of the cost of the bike, the availabilty, waiting times and when its going to be here, and expect even John does nt either. (Must be pulling his ******* hair out) Best they sort this info out soon before most of their potential customers buy a bike before it arrives. I am speaking of one of those buyers, I will wait if I know when its coming, but if I dont I will buy elsewhere.

They have alot of money to recoup on this I assume, for gods sake dont blow it before its begun

Sure they arnt Honda but this is multi million pound turnover Company all the same, if they cant find time to promote a bike or update a web site what hope is there for the bike

Edited by Betarev3

Sure they arnt Honda but this is multi million pound turnover Company all the same, if they cant find time to promote a bike or update a web site what hope is there for the bike

Turning this on its head, if they are not spending dosh/time on marketing, then they maybe just be spending it on the bike! It certainly looks like they have with the 4 stroke. Also, how did they keep that under wraps for so long :wacko:

In my experience, companies who do OTT marketing usually do it to make a poor product look better.