Beta 4-stroke

kinell

problems like that crap Sherco had.

Didn't take you soft ******s long to get to this stage did it!! grow up it's a game.

I was trying to take a stab at Sherco or anyone who has/still does own one.....

... Sorry to all, still friends?

No :thumbup:

Yes the 4T was a bitch to start but after I had fettled mine with a Keihin and a few other mods, it was a pure joy to ride. If not for the starting problems, I would still have it now :)

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes sense to have a larger 4t capacity than the 2t because the 2t produces more power!! All this talk about a clubman friendly bikes is a load of c**p. If this were the case why have we a 270cc Beta, 290cc Sherco, 300cc Gas Gas - not what you'd call clubman friendly bikes.

What a load of c**p that statement is, people buy the bigger bikes because these bikes are put in the market place.

All that power only suits a very small percentage of riders, people think they need it and thats the problem :)

The 250 Beta, the 250 Gas Gas, 250 Sherco would suit 90% of riders, the big hill climb you are talking about crops up once in a blue moon, if you struggle to get up this one section and ride the rest better on a much softer more controlable bike then I suggest that this option for a lot of riders is better.

I convinced a friend of mine, who is fairly useful at national level who has had 270 Beta's for a few years now to go for a 250 in 2006, he has just bought a 250 2007 model :thumbup:

The beta 4 banger 250, like the Mont 4RT will be and is enough for most riders...............

Steady Tiger :)......if your in Kent, Sussex or Surrey pop along to a trial and see how many 250's there are.

I would have thought you would have kept your 4T AA, you did spend a fair bit of time tatting around with it........I'm waiting for the s/hand prices to come down before I go off and buy me a nice Honda 4rt

Reckon they have sorted that out themselves, secondhsnd 05's 2800 max private sale?

Just catching up on the weekends word war

Well done AA ,I felt the same about my 4t sherco,and verry let down by the importers.they allways said the right think but took to long to do it i lost 2500 in seven trials

Why do most people think montys are big and heavy?????

you lot must all be little boys or whimps????????

well under 80kg ready to go is not heavy

and as a few of you say the beta is heavier?????

instead of being arm chair crittics go and ride them,or look through the results in tmx ,lots of trials at all levels are won on fourstrokes,

I appreciate what your saying. One of the main reasons why larger capacity bikes are popular down south is because you don't need to rev them hard to have the performance. I myself like to use big gears and hardly any throttle. Reving the guts out of a bike is more scary than using the torque from a big engine.

That is rubbish you don't need to have a big cc bike at all down south.

If you know how to ride and use the bike to it's advantages you will do most things on a bike under 250cc just look at Alexz Wigg and what he has acheived on a 125cc.

I appreciate what your saying. One of the main reasons why larger capacity bikes are popular down south is because you don't need to rev them hard to have the performance. I myself like to use big gears and hardly any throttle. Reving the guts out of a bike is more scary than using the torque from a big engine.

That is rubbish you don't need to have a big cc bike at all down south.

If you know how to ride and use the bike to it's advantages you will do most things on a bike under 250cc just look at Alexz Wigg and what he has acheived on a 125cc.

We all have our own riding styles even at wtc standard (inc alexz). You are most probably right we (down south) don't need big capacity bikes but what do you say when there are a lot of these machines around?As i mentioned i like to ride using my bikes torque, this is my style of riding and perhaps others like me do the same. Its not only down south big cc bikes are sold remember! They are sold world wide and if there were no demand then they would not be made. Perhaps a good example of (why do you need the power) is why would anyone buy a Subaru Impreza when a Toyata Yaris will do the job. Not everyone wants to ride a 125cc and if the big cc machines were to much of a handful know one would by them.

Changing the subject:

Just been thinking about all this excellent coverage of the Beta 4t on TC, and not reading anything in the TMX - anyone?

Technical Information:

Like the paragraph about the engine and it not being MX derived :) I still can't see how they can make such a good looking machine. Also really like to read the engine can go up to a 400cc with 6 gears :thumbup:

Edited by spud

We all have our own riding styles even at wtc standard (inc alexz). You are most probably right we (down south) don't need big capacity bikes but what do you say when there are a lot of these machines around?As i mentioned i like to ride using my bikes torque, this is my style of riding and perhaps others like me do the same. Its not only down south big cc bikes are sold remember! They are sold world wide and if there were no demand then they would not be made. Perhaps a good example of (why do you need the power) is why would anyone buy a Subaru Impreza when a Toyata Yaris will do the job. Not everyone wants to ride a 125cc and if the big cc machines were to much of a handful know one would by them.

The reason they buy them is because they are available and people believe the the bigger the bike the more power they will have the better they will ride which is rubbish.

I have been riding in the south east now for 25 years now and haven't had or needed to have anything over 250cc and todays trials are far easier than they were 10 years ago. You talk about leveling hills thats why you need a 300 pro but i cant think of any hills in the south east that are big enough to warrant that.

Why do you need anything over 250cc to ride round tight trees the only thing you do need is a hinge in the middle of the bike.

Edited by nutter

Just catching up on the weekends word war

Well done AA ,I felt the same about my 4t sherco,and verry let down by the importers.they allways said the right think but took to long to do it i lost 2500 in seven trials

Why do most people think montys are big and heavy?????

you lot must all be little boys or whimps????????

well under 80kg ready to go is not heavy

and as a few of you say the beta is heavier?????

instead of being arm chair crittics go and ride them,or look through the results in tmx ,lots of trials at all levels are won on fourstrokes,

How anyone can say any modern trials bike is heavy beats me. I'd assume that they mean it has a heavy feel to the front which is just down to the front/rear weight bias, not overall weight. The 4RT is heavier on the front than some other bikes, so was my 02 Rev 3, but heavy in overall weight - I don't think so

Edited by Woody

The write up on this machine is excellent :thumbup:

The only thing I dont understand is this line ..

High centre of gravity. The centre of gravity of the new REV 4T has been moved noticeably higher so as to offer the rider maximum handling feel for trials riding. The new overall weight distribution instils more confidence when negotiating obstacles.

Raising the centre of gravity makes something more unstable :)

Anyone any ideas on this?

High centre of gravity. The centre of gravity of the new REV 4T has been moved noticeably higher so as to offer the rider maximum handling feel for trials riding. The new overall weight distribution instils more confidence when negotiating obstacles.

Raising the centre of gravity makes something more unstable :S

That comment caught my attention also. It made it sound as if they had a choice !

Now then where shall we put the camshaft, valves, cam chain etc...? I know lets put it in the cylinder head so it will raise the centre of gravity :thumbup:

Raising the centre of gravity makes something more unstable :S

That comment caught my attention also. It made it sound as if they had a choice !

Now then where shall we put the camshaft, valves, cam chain etc...? I know lets put it in the cylinder head so it will raise the centre of gravity :)

Exactly :thumbup::)