Beta 4-stroke

kinell

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carb is a Carb, the only difference with CV is the how the Throttle slide is opened..........I'm a bit dissapointed in the whole look of the bike...too much like a rev3!....I would imagine there saving money by using the rev3 cycle parts bin, surely after umpteen years of the 'rev' look they would opt for something a bit different?

They seem too suggest its not very noisey another plus for the Beta then :wacko:

Regards the only 300 made I hope they mean thats all they have made so far? I reckon they`ll fly out in no time

Don't get this "fly out in no time" who is going to buy the things?

Only what I `reckon` my love no need for the offensive? but just my thoughts from the comments on here alone plus i`d certainley consider buying one if tests come in well. And i`d never before even of dreamt of buying a brand new bike

who is going to buy the things?

:wacko:

I reckon plenty of folk will buy them, some will like the bike and some won't.

Some might wait for any teething problems to be ironed out before buying one and some (like me) will buy one purely on the strength of the Beta brand and usual build quality.

If it's 'owt like the Sherco 3.2 then I'll accept I made a bad move by buying one from the first batch and will no doubt have the p*** taken by you lot.

If it's a 'sorted' bike like the Montesa and I can get on with the 4T style of riding then I'll be wearing a smug smile whilst everyone bitches and whinges that they can't get hold of one due to supply outstripping demand :)

Only time will tell...

As said above "carb is a carb".

But what is better for a trials bike?:

1) A EFI system that needs to idle at 1750 rpm, to keep the electronics working properly, which means feathering the clutch at very slow speeds.

2) A carb that can idle a 750 rpm maybe eliminating the clutch work at crawling speeds.

Also found this news release (2004) on a Discharge pump EFI system that eliminates the fuel pump in the gas tank. http://www.mikuni.co.jp/e/iBeat/index.html

Edited by sideup

who is going to buy the things?

If it's 'owt like the Sherco 3.2 then I'll accept I made a bad move by buying one from the first batch and will no doubt have the p*** taken by you lot.

I made that mistake as you know but if I used the same process as I use with buying software it would never have happened.

First software release's are nearly always faulty and need patches to fix the faults. After about the 2nd service pack things are nearly sorted and worth giving it a go!

As an example, some peeps will rush out and buy Microslop Vista is their droves, then find compatibility problems and loads of other problems.. after 2 years and loads of patches and a few service packs, they might get something thats nearly stable and worth using. Until then keep well away !

I think trials bike development is much the same!

IMHO :wacko:

I would only counter with Atom that if you check the history of Beta as a company over the years, it would not seem the case with them. 4yrs of development without the general public knowing is a good indicator!

BMW make good cars right? heres the link to the recalls BMW Recall List

I have no doubt Beta make good quality bikes but its the first 4 stroke trials bike they have made. If they get it right first time then Kudos to them but still, it wont take long to find out if its good or not so why not wait?

Would you take a risk on buying a house without seeing it just because it was built by a reputable builder?

IMHO :wacko:

I have no doubt Beta make good quality bikes but its the first 4 stroke trials bike they have made. If they get it right first time then Kudos to them but still, it wont take long to find out if its good or not so why not wait?

IMHO :D

When did the 4-stroke ruling first appear? I'm guessing it was about 2002'ish...

Sherco unveiled their 320 at Moutier, Switzerland in September 2003 so did that have just 1 year's development and testing behind it? They have now had 4 years to sort their bike out but I don't see the masses rushing out and buying them.

Beta's bike has been 4 years in the making which ties in with the 4-stroke ruling in 2002. It might be that it has taken them 4 years to develop and test the bike properly before releasing it to their customers. They will have seen the backlash that Sherco received and will not want to make the same mistake. Patience is a virtue*

Meanwhile, Ishy the Sherco Tycoon has been snapping all the used bikes up cheap and flogging them off at vast profits with a free 'this is how you kick the buggers' lesson

* Sod virtues, I want my bike now :lol: