Observing Rules For 2007 Btc

adsy

I have heard a rumour that the Observing rules for the 2007 British Trials Championship are going to

revert back to the old FIM rules, i.e. stop for a 1 etc.

Is this true?

If so, I personally think that this would be a backward step for the Championship. This was the only opportunity for our top Adults and rising youth stars to hone there skills before venturing into Europe and beyond.

Can anyone shed any light on this? John ??

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi i heard that as well, but there is a meeting at rugby early Feb regarding the Adult Brit/Champ and would think it will be sorted out then ? i also think this would be a backward step, i also think the youth Brit/Champ

should be run under FIM Rules, :agree:

Hi i heard that as well, but there is a meeting at rugby early Feb regarding the Adult Brit/Champ and would think it will be sorted out then ? i also think this would be a backward step, i also think the youth Brit/Champ

should be run under FIM Rules, :agree:

I think ALL trials should be run under FIM rules....... and the FIM should go FULL NON STOP! That would stop the argument. :D

according to bradford club website there is a strong possibilty that we are going back to the non-stop rules

but as normal the ACU always like to do there own thing :D why do we have to be different than the rest of europe lets all have the same rules and give our riders a better chance in the european championships.

i know from observing at hawkstone and british championship's which are much easier to observer and there is less arguing with the stop rule of no points but still would like to see non-stop rules back as i think it is much more skillfull

I feel so strongly about this topic that i've pinched my Dads pseudonym... haha.

I think that this decicion could possibly effect the futures of the up and coming riders. I personally feel that it would be ridiculous to change the rules for the British Championship back to the TSR22A as it would benefit the riders in no way. I can't see that there was a problem last year with the curent FIM rulings when used in the BTC. If anything, it has benefitted, both the riders and observers. A lot of confusion and disagreements have disappeared. No more argueing whether the rider stopped forward motion or not. I have ridden in trials where the rulings used to vary from section to section. One section would be no problem with having to ride on the move... the next section could be impossible to ride without stopping! If the ACU really want the next generation to hold its own on the world stage then surely they need to do everything that they can to help. This means keeping the British Championship rules in line with the FIM world championship and the rest of the world! Tell me another country that has the confusion we do?

Yours in Sport,

Alexz

Yes it was on the Bradford website regarding 'reverting back to TSR22a' rules for the 2007 BC. There were concerns from some of the riders who rode our Boxing Day event that this was to be.

I asked the question 'was it true' and also stated that if any one who rode the 2006 series and did not want to change back, to put there concerns in writting to the ACU and Clubs.

AS John as stated the rules will be duscussed sometime in February with the event organisers, importers and riders. I hope that those who want either a 'change' or 'stay as we' and cannot attend the meeting will have sent thier thoughts to the Trials committee.

Question to 'Scorpa3, PHB, SDC and YSB' Did you ride any of the the Colin Appleyard BC series in 2006? Did you actually observe a round? and did your club put on a round? If so what was your personal thoughts, not here say?

Question to 'Scorpa3, PHB, SDC and YSB' Did you ride any of the the Colin Appleyard BC series in 2006? Did you actually observe a round? and did your club put on a round? If so what was your personal thoughts, not here say?

In answer to those questions, no, no and no.

However, my comment is directed at the ridiculous situation we find ourselves in by having three sets of rules all in operation at the same time.

If you read my post, I certainly haven't critisised any of the three diferent rules, they all DO have their own merits.

I personaly feel that full Non stop is the solution, but of-course many/most people would disagree.

As John states in his excellent reply, the ACU will be consulting all those concerned and will make a decision on the BC in due course. For the time being the ACU can't do fairer than that.

Question answered.

In answer to those questions, no, no and no.

However, my comment is directed at the ridiculous situation we find ourselves in by having three sets of rules all in operation at the same time.

If you read my post, I certainly haven't critisised any of the three diferent rules, they all DO have their own merits.

I personaly feel that full Non stop is the solution, but of-course many/most people would disagree.

As John states in his excellent reply, the ACU will be consulting all those concerned and will make a decision on the BC in due course. For the time being the ACU can't do fairer than that.

Question answered.

I think that as a fair debate it would be sad if the observers and organisers, even Bdmcc's voice carried as much weight as the riders.

It is their championship and if if its just for the top fifteen then as we have differing rules lets have the rules which benefit the riders views, a bit like positve discrimination.

I did not observe or (obviously) take part, and my club would love to put on a round but a flat field with 8 sections doesn't test me let alone experts.

However I did see a couple of rounds and Know one thing for sure that Grimbo would have won regardless of the rules, and doubt that the top 3 would be much different.

So who are the FIM rules for? Well the only logical reason for changing back to no stop would be to try and exclude our upcoming riders from competing in the BTC. Dabill and wigg and haslam if they are he ones we need in the BTC and are our best next generation surely the flagship championship should be FIM rules?

How much help has it been for Jack Challoner when he got his Youth championship that he had a BTC with fim rules aswell?

Was it a big help to wiggy to get his World and European titles?

You bet.

Would we want to force these riders out of the BTC?

Hypothetically look at a calender a clash, BTC and a good euro event, how would the organisers feel if wigg dibs and others did that in preference because the rules had gone backwards.

Last years youth A and B was marked as near to FIM as it could be so its there already.

Was it a big help to wiggy to get his World and European titles?

You bet.

Would we want to force these riders out of the BTC?

Hypothetically look at a calender a clash, BTC and a good euro event, how would the organisers feel if wigg dibs and others did that in preference because the rules had gone backwards.

Last years youth A and B was marked as near to FIM as it could be so its there already.

Nigel, I can't disagree with you on this, so following this line of thought; all modern trials should follow FIM rules.