Observing Rules For 2007 Btc

adsy

Changing the rules for all events would be crazy as this would be very difficult to get observers as people have pointed out. But, i thought this topic was about the rules for the BTC. The riders that compete in the BTC are the only British riders that would compete in the World and European Championships.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm baffled by this discussion. Unless I'm missing some important nuance (and I've read every post twice now, just to make sure), surely it makes complete sense to run the adult BTC series under whatever rules the FIM decide to enforce at world level (whether that's non-stop, stop allowed or hop-and-bop) and leave the clubs free to use 22a or b as they see fit? Just like 2006 in fact. Why put our top riders at a disadvantage (no matter how small that disadvantage might be) when competing in European and world level events?

I really have no opinion on which rules encourage more skilful riding because at the level we're talking about there are few people on here who are able to make that judgement authoritatively - that's why the opinions of Alexz and a couple of others should be listened to most closely and that's why the ACU have invited all of the championship class riders (and the top experts I understand) to the forthcoming meeting at which a decision will be made.

The argument that having different rules for different events will cause observing difficulties is weak. Really, the rules aren't THAT complex...

Edited by neonsurge

I'm baffled by this discussion. Unless I'm missing some important nuance (and I've read every post twice now, just to make sure), surely it makes complete sense to run the adult BTC series under whatever rules the FIM decide to enforce at world level (whether that's non-stop, stop allowed or hop-and-bop) and leave the clubs free to use 22a or b as they see fit? Just like 2006 in fact. Why put our top riders at a disadvantage (no matter how small that disadvantage might be) when competing in European and world level events?

I really have no opinion on which rules encourage more skilful riding because at the level we're talking about there are few people on here who are able to make that judgement authoritatively - that's why the opinions of Alexz and a couple of others should be listened to most closely and that's why the ACU have invited all of the championship class riders (and the top experts I understand) to the forthcoming meeting at which a decision will be made.

The argument that having different rules for different events will cause observing difficulties is weak. Really, the rules aren't THAT complex...

:agree: totally

At BTC level our rules should be mirroring the FIM's for rider development.

Sorry - should have mentioned - only Championship riders and top placed Expert riders ( as per final standings) probably got the letter. I doubt if the youth riders were written too as of course there were no final standings as the Youth element part of the BC is not a Champ and is restricted to a limited number of top Youth riders.

In hindsight perhaps they should have been written too - but I have to say that in the past - there has been some opinion ( possibly daft I know) that these top youth riders should not have been included in BC - and there has been some critisiscm that it is their prescence that has influenced format somewhat ( no roadwork etc).

I am fairly confident of what Alexz's and other top youth riders reply reply would have been - but I will try to make a point of speaking to Alexz and some other top youth riders before the meeting

Guest Scottie

OK WE HEARD THAT THE RULES WERE GOING TO REVERT BACK TO TSR22A. WE WILL ATTEND THE MEETING THIS YEAR IN RUGBY. THE CONCENSUS OF OBSERVERS AND SPECTATORS AT OUR TRIAL REALLY ENJOYED THE FIM RULES, MADE LIFE MUCH EASIER FOR THE OBSERVERS AND THERE WAS NEVER ANY DISPUTES FROM THE RIDERS AS THE RULES MADE IT CLEAN CUT, WHERE AS THE TSR22A RULES WERE FULL OF DISPUTES AND GREY AREAS (HE STOPPED FOR 3 SECONDS, i ONLY STOPPED FOR ONE ETC.,)WE PREFERRED IT AS ORGANISERS. WE HAD SOME RESERVATIONS AT THE BEGINNING, BUT AFTER A SUCCESSFUL TRIAL AND NO COMPLAINTS FROM THE RIDERS, (WHO SEEMED TO LIKE THE NEW RULES) REVERTING BACK WOULD BE A BACKWARD STEP ESPECIALLY IN TERMS OF OBSERVERS, WANTING TO OBSERVE AT ALL. ANYWAY WE WILL BE THERE TO VOICE OUR OPINION AND HOPE THERE IS A BETTER TURN OUT THIS YEAR THAN LAST AS WE HAVE BEEN GUILTY IN THE PAST FOR NOT ATTENDING! SANDRA AND ARTHUR - LOCHABER AND DISTRICT.

Sorry - should have mentioned - only Championship riders and top placed Expert riders ( as per final standings) probably got the letter. I doubt if the youth riders were written too as of course there were no final standings as the Youth element part of the BC is not a Champ and is restricted to a limited number of top Youth riders.

In hindsight perhaps they should have been written too - but I have to say that in the past - there has been some opinion ( possibly daft I know) that these top youth riders should not have been included in BC - and there has been some critisiscm that it is their prescence that has influenced format somewhat ( no roadwork etc).

I am fairly confident of what Alexz's and other top youth riders reply reply would have been - but I will try to make a point of speaking to Alexz and some other top youth riders before the meeting

Alexz feels so stongly about this issue, see above, he said he would make sure he attended the Forum in February.

John Collins, I can't attend the forum but would like to express my view.... BC abopts fully the FIM rules.

If you could add my view to the meeting and other persons on here would like to do the same perhaps there could, or you could, guide us some way on how we could can voice our opionions without being present at the meeting?

Thanks,

Edited by spud

Guest Scottie

just like to say that we have accommodated the young lads with the help of marshalls and police to make sure the trial runs well and within the rules, road crossings unfortunately are part of our trial and the young lads have complied when necessary and walked when asked.

scottie

Edited by Scottie

John Collins Posted Jan 6 2007, 12:51 PM

Who the hell started all this anyway?

I did sorry John!!!

But all I am asking about is purely the British Championship, as has already been said, the FIM in local events etc, just would not work in my view.

But has to continue in the Blue Riband Championship of British Trials.

Lets give our lads a chance on the continent, :)

No certain trials require certain rules, Pre 65 no stop, as ssdt,scot etc but modern day trials all fim. i am not against no stop rules but just want our guys to be able to compete on a level playing field with jony from over the water, at the moment we have 2 sets of rule within the ACU no stop and stop in a 1 rule. other countrys have also 2 sets , no stop and Fim, eg in feb the famous 2day Brianza trial in italy is run under No Stop Rules,

For what it's worth I observe quite often while my two lads are riding. Last summer they rode the Youth 2 Day at Scarborough. (BRILLINT EVENT) The club adopted the FIM stop allowed rules for the trial and it made life much easier as an observer. No worried looks from the riders, did I get 1 for a stop, no "well I'll count to 3 and then dock you a mark", no arguments, no hassle. Easy day with the punchcard.

Locally. (unde TSR22A) the rider knows he's stopped, the observer knows he's stopped, everyone watching can see he's stopped but knowone knows how many marks he's lost !!!

daft or what ?

Mike